The art of repairing

(TW: I'd like to mention that this chapter does mention S/H, but doesn't explicitly mention the act of it, as in, it doesn't explain the so said procedure)

There was yet another day. A shitty one, to be exact. For who? Who else than Dazai? He hasn't left his room at all that day and of course Chuuya got annoyed but inevitably wondered why the heck wasn't that maniac coming out of his room, even for the mere teasing he does.

Annoyed, at some point in the evening, Chuuya walked over to where Dazai's room is, just to knock on the door a few times. No answer; of course he didn't answer.

'Oh fucking damn it.' thought Chuuya, just to knock harder and louder on the door as if he was about to tear it down, but of course, he knew that wouldn't do anything; so what did he do in the end? He quite literally forced the door open.

The second he took one step in, he got blinded by the darkness of the room, the air was so heavy; when was the last time a window got opened!? Even more, the curtains were shut and you could merely see a thing; but from the light that came in the room from the hallway, the ginger could see a figure sitting there somewhere near the bed against the wall.

"... Oi, Dazai." Said Chuuya, closing the door behind him, just to reach over to the windows and open one of the curtains and open one of the windows, just to look to where that figure was and...

To no surprise, there was Dazai, sitting on the floor between the bed and the wall, knees up to his chest, arms wrapped around his legs and forehead on his knees... He was still breathing; but his sleeves were all rolled up and his wrists up to his elbow were bloodied, and a blade was there right next to him with old, dirty bandages scattered around.

Chuuya's eyes widened at the sight, he didn't know what to feel, or how should he be feeling. Should he feel grossed out? Mad? Annoyed? Empathy? He had no god damned idea and he hated it, but he knew he couldn't just leave Dazai there in such state.

"Tch..." He cursed as he walked up to the brunette, just to crouch down and look at him, that causing Dazai to lift his head up... He didn't seem to be crying... More like just suffering.

"Give me your hands." Said Chuuya, trying to keep his voice regulated, he didn't want to have his voice high up and just... Seem like he was yelling at Dazai.

Surprisingly, the maniac just did like he was told, only for Chuuya to take a closer look at the scars and quickly get up, now looking for something, anything to clean them up with... And somehow he had managed to find in all that mess an already used med kit but the bandages were still good to be used and there was some alcohol to clean up wounds with... That should do it.

This wasn't the first time Chuuya had had to help Dazai through this, and he knew just how much Dazai despites it. But what can he do? Chuuya stood quiet the whole time, making sure to clean up the wounds so that they won't get any kind of infection... But despite Dazai not saying anything, sometimes his body would wince at the pain he felt as the alcohol dipped cotton would touch one of the fresh wounds.

And so, finally, Chuuya had managed to take care fully of Dazai's wounds... Now having a bandage roll in his hands and wraps it up around Dazai's arms, just to look up at the brunette and sigh.

"You know.." finally spoke Chuuya as he broke the deafening silence, causing Dazai to lift his head up and look at him in curiosity. "There is a thing I've recently learnt about... It's called Kintsugi; the art of beauty of imperfections and the art of repairing." He stated.

"Kintsugi is a tradition that was used for repairing broken pottery; you don't throw it away, you stay, take your time and glue each piece together again. What it teaches is that imperfections are birth of something... New." He said as he kept trying to find his words as he talked, all whole Dazai looked at him curiously.

"But why exactly are you telling me about this?" Asked Dazai, being rather puzzled... Why would Chuuya bring that up out of nowhere? Is it because of the scars? If so, why would he even care that much?

"Because..." Muttered Chuuya, finally finishing bandaging Dazai's arms, just to look up at him; "even what is broken can be repaired. And you know what, as much as I hate you sometimes, we have made a promise, and I won't go down on it, and you getting into any kind of crap and possibly being gone, is going down on it." He said, just to let out a sigh.

"And heck, even what is broken is worthy of being repaired." He said lastly, before closing his eyes and narrowing his eyebrows, waiting for Dazai's laugh to appear and echo through the whole room and make fun of him for the cringy words he just said.

But there was silence for a few moments, just for as Chuuya was about to speak up.. to literally find himself thrown onto the floor with that stupid mother fucker right on him, hugging him so tight it almost squeezed out the air in his lungs, and even though he tried to push Dazai off of him; it didn't work.

"Aaaaawww!! Chuuuyaaaaaaa!! That was the nicest thing somebody ever told meeeeeee!" He said as he hugged the ginger tightly and grinned, knowing how much it pissed Chuuya off.

"You mother fu- Get the fuck off of me!!!" He yelled, but to no avail, he knew he was stuck there; so at this point he just accepted it and stopped struggling.

So there was now Chuuya, lying on the floor with that shitty Dazai lying on top of him, just to let out a sigh and have one if his hands on Dazai's back, closing his eyes and just accepting it.

"... Though. Really now, thank you." Muttered Dazai, now not being a teasing bitch and annoying Chuuya; for the first time in forever being honest.

The ginger was rather surprised by what he heard, he wanted to protest, but considering the situation the two were just now he just stood quiet and nodded.

"You're welcome." Chuuya said, at last.