ch14

The Day when Agarwal Mehra committee meet took place : Morning

Vandana Maasi and Krishna Maaji entered Chhaya's room, appearing anxious. Meanwhile, Chhaya lay on her bed, engrossed in her phone.

"Chhaya, do you know how to use this?" Maaji asked, presenting a pendrive.

"Maa, I'm busy. Ask Sonu or Vigyat; they're good with computers," Chhaya replied, glancing at the pendrive.

"Do it, Chhaya! I know you know how to use this," Maaji insisted.

"Okay, okay. I'm doing it," Chhaya reluctantly got up, fetched a laptop from her desk, and sat back on the bed. Taking the pendrive from Maaji, she asked, "What's on it, anyway?"

"I don't know," Maaji admitted, sitting beside Chhaya, leaving her puzzled. Chhaya plugged it into the laptop, opened the folder, and their eyes widened at the photos of Suyash and Parvati, capturing moments from their every meeting.

"What's in it?" Vandana Maasi inquired, joining them.

Chhaya, perplexed, replied, "There's a video too," as she clicked on it. The video unfolded, revealing Parvati assisting a drunk Suyash to his room during their Bangalore meet. The video seemed tailored to sow suspicion about Parvati. Vandana Maasi and Maaji shared a disconcerted look, clearly unhappy about the discovery.

"Wait! Where is the rest of it?" Chhaya asked.

"They are inside the room, Chhaya," Vandana maasi responded.

"I want to know what happened next," Chhaya insisted.

"Chhaya!" Maaji exclaimed in annoyance.

"What!?" Chhaya retorted, "You saw the video. They are clearly having an affair."

"No! This can't be. Parvati is not like this," Maaji defended.

"Who sent this pendrive to you?" Chhaya asked.

"I don't know; there isn't a return address in the package, but there was a letter," Maaji said, handing it to Chhaya.

Opening the letter, Chhaya read aloud, "Your honorable daughter-in-law is having an affair with her ex-husband, Suyash Mehra."

"I can't believe this. Parvati can actually do something like this," Vandana Maasi expressed disbelief.

"Of course she did," Chhaya said, "The Parvati Agarwal-the perfect, pure daughter-in-law who can never do any wrong. "

"Didn't she used to say her soul, body, breath-every inch of her belonged only to Om Agarwal, whether he was alive or dead? But it looks like our Pure Parvati bhabhi is not that pure anymore!" Chhaya added.

"That's disgusting, Chhaya!" Maaji interjected. "No matter what, Parvati will never do anything that will bring shame to this family," Maaji stated emphatically, making her way out of Chhaya's room. "There has to be an explanation for this video. I will go ask her directly," she declared, ready to leave.

"Wait!" Chhaya blocked her mother's path. "Do you think she will tell the truth if you just ask her?"

"Then what do you want me to do? I have to know the truth," Maaji replied.

"I have an idea! Let's take a test. Why don't you suggest a dinner invitation to Suyash?" Chhaya proposed. Maaji looked puzzled.

"Make her feel that you like Suyash," Chhaya explained her plan. "Make her feel that you are comfortable with the idea of them getting together. If she is really into Suyash Mehra, she will take this opportunity and show us her true intentions."