𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 5

~※※※~
Saul

Cydril wasn't a city for the faint of heart. Nestled deep within the unforgiving Western expanse of Arcadia bores the scars of countless battles against monstrous denizens that lurked in the shadows. Monsters within dunes.

This region isn't the wealthiest like the South, the exquisite North, nor the most influential like the East. But within its weathered heart, the land held hidden treasures both mineral and magical, waiting to be unearthed by the brave or the desperate. I heard rumors of this country, their Alchemists set some dungeons all over it.

Crumbling temples, whispers of forgotten gods, and the ever-present hum of magic beneath the cracked cobblestones—these were the hallmarks of Cydril.

I must say, they're not that religious as us. No statues of any Deus were present. It's like they have faith on something else—some made-up God. Why are humans like this?

I glanced back at that huge desert view pass the open window as I followed behind the two leading the way up the stairs of this enormous castle-like Association building of theirs. I can't read their language so I wasn't very familiar with what was written in front. But I heard them said they'll take me to their Western Association, so this must be it.

"Some goblins are starting to show signs down South."

"How's the Eastern business going these days? I heard some illegal guilds are starting to get active again."

"The goods from the North are still highly valuable. I can't believe some barbaric Asmodians managed to hunt drakes like they're normal preys."

Whispers from here and there. Seeing these many foreigners were a bit new to my view. Everything in here makes me feel out of place. I feel like a prisoner already.

"Oh, that red head's new."

"I can sense mana. A type of mystic? "

"It's an Altherian. The ones with heat attributes."

"What's an Altherian doing in this floor anyway?"

Whispers continued. But I did not bother with it even though I could literally sense their eyes on me.

"So, did Lisandrei blackmail you or bribed you?" tanong sa akin ng swordswoman, si Himeko. She was probably striking a conversation to divert my attention away from those whispers.

At dahil sa tanong na iyon, nagkaroon ako ng flashback.

***

Recalling months before...

"Hey! Join our guild!" sigaw ng dayuhan. Ilang araw na niya akong sinusundan, pati sa tambayan ko sa rooftop, bigla-bigla nalang siyang sisipot.

Halos masira ko na ang dala-dala kong jar dahil sa biglang pagsipot nito.

"Titigilan mo ako o gusto mong itigil ko ang buhay mo?" I threatened and the surrounding area started to heat up.

Mas ngumiti siya tapos pumalakpak pa. May problema 'tong babaeng toh. Sino ba ang ngingiti kapag pagbantaan mo?

"Wow, how hostile! I like that! I like that! Very good! Very good!"