Marg: The flats and sharps

M A R G E R Y T T E

“Well I have been searching all of my days

All of my days

Many a road, you know

I've been walking on

All of my days

And I've been trying to find

What's been in my mind

As the days keep turning into night”

Margerytte is tapping the steering wheel and her head is slowly bobbing up and down as she keeps up on the tempo of the song. She loves morning drives like this. And her favorite songs playing in a minimum volume as her background. There's no traffic in their city. Well, not inside Clark, particularly. She has all the liberty to enjoy the scenery.

Days ago, her routine-like life had been alive when their group had reunited. It felt like high school all over again. It's like they had never really been apart. They still get each other like before when simple eye contact means they know what everyone else is thinking.

But as happy as she was, their conversations had brought her back to the past—the happy ones, her milestones, and of course... the saddest too—her struggles, the heartaches.

A face of a man flashed through her mind and the instant she realized she'd thought of him, she dismissed the thought right away. This is a first. For such a long time she had not think about him. Ever. Ever since that day when she walked away from him. She turned cold after that.

She never dated again. She never let herself be acquainted to guys on a deeper level. Sure she made friends. But for business purposes only. She need all the clientèle she could get.

 Why is he creeping back like a monster?

 She snapped out of her reverie when her phone started ringing. It was Cielo. She put on the earphones and answered it.

“Hellooo Rytterytte!” Cielo happily greeted her friend. “Smile naman dyan oh!” She knows how serious Marg could get.

“Para mo namang sinabing, nakikinita-kinita mo nang nakakunot ang noo ko? Bat napatawag ka pala?”

“Ahm, ESP? I felt that you need me at this hour! Oh di ba?”

“Magtigil ka nga dyan. I am fine, ano ka ba.”

“Sabi mo eh. Iba kasi ang text mo sa akin kagabi. Anyare ba?”

“Wala lang. I just got sentimental when I saw my first stage performance. Ayun.”

“So...naalala mo siya?” Cielo said carefully. Marg didn't answer for awhile.

“I don't know. Lately andaming bagay ang nakakapagpaalala sa akin na connected sa kanya. Ano ba yan!”

“Hmmm. You were never like this before. So I guess this is a serious matter. You wanna meet? Nasan ka ba?”

“Ahm, papuntang studio nito.”

“Alright. I'll see you in an hour.”

“Okay lang ba? Di ba marami ka pang ginagawa?”

“No. Mas kailangan mo ako kesa sa sandamakmak na papeles na 'to ngayon. And bahala naman na si Raxen dito. Paki ko na.”

“Wait, what? Raxen?”

“I'll explain later. Babush!”

Her brows furrowed when the call ended. Cielo and Raxen? Again? Looks like Cielo needs the talk more than she does.