[3] | Sense of Calmness

The next day, it was a warm and sunny day. It was as if the coolness and dullness from yesterday completely disappeared. It was beautiful again. That was the best part about 'summer', the weather can always be calming, even when it's a cloudy day. Just the air in your face relaxes you.

Trophy tiredly got up, rubbing his eyes slowly. The dream he had was rather– wholesome compared to the ones he had before. That jacket, he's seen it before. He doesn't know where, but he knew the place was well-known. He must've had the jacket somewhere, maybe he left it in his father's home? He wasn't too sure, he hadn't seen that jacket in years. Maybe it'll mean something, something that hasn't come up yet. He was sure it would arrive in his dreams.

Trophy walked to the bathroom, casually brushing his hair and teeth. He looked into the mirror, glancing at Tissues, who was sleeping behind him. He wondered how long it'll be until he wakes up again. He hasn't seen him awake since two days ago, he assumed he was sleeping the entire time. Trophy set both of his brushes down, his hair brush and his toothbrush. He grabbed some of his money, he wanted to get some ice cream today.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Trophy climbed down the latters, landing smoothly on the concrete floor. He walked out of the alleyway until being suddenly flashed by the sunbeams. He squinted his eyes, trying to get used to the sun's radiance. It started being more soft, the shine diluted a bit. Trophy didn't need to squint his eyes anymore, he began walking down the sidewalk. He watched as cars drove by him, he smiled lightly. He was glad it wasn't cold anymore, he wouldn't be sure if he was able to go out, he barely has any comfortable jackets.

If he was going to be honest here, Trophy was planning to buy two ice cream cones. He planned to visit Balloon today, he just wanted someone to talk to, it was boring being alone. Trophy looked both ways of the road before crossing over to his favorite park. The park was called— something. Trophy didn't even know what it was called, it didn't have a sign nearby or anything. But it had a pretty atmosphere, which made it more enjoyable for Trophy. He didn't bring his camera with him this time, he wouldn't know what to take photos of when he nearly took photos of everything in the park. The ice cream van always stayed inside the park, he assumed it didn't work as an actual van, more like a prop. Trophy sat on a bench and waited for the van to open up, it was still early in the morning.

He pondered, looking down at the grass as it swayed with the wind. He started dozing off, boredness started consuming him. Even on a bright day, Trophy somehow found a way to get sleepy. All he saw was a small glimpse of the grass before he dozed off. Until– a sudden call was heard,

"Ice cream! Ice cream! Come get your ice cream!"

Trophy perked up, snapping his eyes open again. He looked up, seeing the van opened and ready. There was only one employee, maybe there was more, but Trophy didn't see anyone behind them. The employee had curly hair, it wasn't extremely curly, but only curly on its ends. He had small freckles that were barely noticeable from afar. The employee wore a simple costume, it was kinda cute. The outfit was an ice cream beanie, it was a mint chocolate chip ice cream. The rest went along with it, a minty green and a waffle cone apron. It was like something you would see in a musical– a childish musical.

Nonetheless, it was still suitable for the van. The van was pink with whipped cream on top of the trunk. Of course, there was a cherry on top, it was a casual design for any ice cream shop to have. Sprinkles were scattered around the van, painted neatly. Pastel green and pink went along nicely, it was an enjoyable color scheme.

The van was crowded with kids, as expected. Kids would trample over each other just for some simple ice cream. Who could blame them though— ice cream's great. There was a long line of kids, it was surprisingly neat. Usually they would surround the van and shove their parent's money to the cashier. Parents would sit on the benches, just supervising their kid and waiting for them. Whenever someone cut, everyone would whine, and usually the person who cut in line, wouldn't apologize for it. It was irritating.