Chapter Two

For Harry, Friday came quick and fast. The anticipation of the date was consuming him. Harry couldn't stop talking about it with Niall and Liam, and he was grateful for their continuous support and encouragement.

Throughout the week, Harry and Louis had been sneaking glances at each other during class and were constantly texting.

Niall went home after school on Tuesday, scared out of his mind. Niall didn't give Harry any indications that he was, but he knew.

Harry hugged him tight after he was dropped home on Tuesday. Harry smiled through his concern and made him promise to message him or Liam if anything happened.

Niall never messaged Harry or Liam.

He came to school the next day with a concealer-covered black eye and bloodshot eye. Harry's heart dropped as he ran to Niall, hugging him tightly, trying not to burst into tears, pulling back when he heard him gasping for breath.

He was wearing long sleeves and dark clothes which was an indication to them that he had hurt himself. Niall made them swear not to tell anyone, and they agreed, even if it meant seeing their friend suffering.

Walking off the school grounds with Niall by his side, Harry couldn't stop the warm feeling inside that shone for his friend every time he spoke about Zayn. Harry listened to Niall ramble about Zayn, who couldn't stop smiling. As Harry and Niall made their way off school grounds and towards Niall's car, Harry suddenly felt an overwhelming sense of anxiety.

"What do we have here?" Harry took a deep breath, turning around and seeing Owen and his friends standing next to the hood of Niall's car, with a grin on his face. Harry's heart felt like it was going to beat out of his chest, and he had that sinking feeling in his stomach. He knew this was not going to end well.

"What do you want, Owen?" Harry said, feeling brave. Owen's eyes grew darker as he glared at Harry from where he was standing.

"I want you to stay away from Louis," Owen spoke, stepping forward. "Or you've got another thing coming."

"I'm sorry, what?" Harry said, dumbfounded and in disbelief that Owen knew about him and Louis.

"I know you've got a going out with Louis tonight. Cancel, or I am going to cancel for you," he said with a sickly smile. Owen was now standing right in front of Harry, looming over him. Harry felt the world start to spin and the knots in his stomach getting tighter with each passing second.

Harry couldn't speak. He didn't know what to say or if there was anything that he could say to stop him.

"Oh, so suddenly you have nothing to say?" Owen smirked, laughing.

Harry stayed silent as he contemplated the events of the week that led up to this moment. Harry knew that if he tried to defend himself, Niall and himself would be hurt. Harry's eyes glanced over to Niall, and he saw that his shoulders were slumped, avoiding eye contact.

"What?" Harry suddenly snapped at Owen, feeling his eyes following Harry's every move.

"Louis is mine. Stay away from him." The end of the sentence was barely a whisper, but it sent shivers down Harry's spine.

"I don't think I can do that," Harry said quietly, trying not to smile. His heart felt like it was going to burst out of his chest any second and the adrenaline he was feeling was coursing through his body.

Seconds later, a punch hit Harry square in the face. Harry stumbled backwards, grasping his face, the pain searing through his body before Owen delivered a blow to his stomach. Harry forgot the pain in his face and wrapped his arms around, trying to breathe. His knees hit the cold; hard pavement as harry buckled over. He squeezed his eyes shut, yearning desperately for it to be over.