Chapter Three

It was almost a week later when Harry started feeling better. That Friday, after the incident, Harry and Louis decided to put off their date until Harry was better. They ended up spending Friday night watching movies on Netflix and ordering some pizza with Zayn, Liam and Niall. Harry felt content and happy even after what had happened only hours before.

The following Monday, Owen had told everyone about the fight and Harry and Louis. Harry was upset but wasn't shocked because it was something Owen would do. This led to harassment and snickers in the hallways, during class, at lunchtime and after school. Which was ironic considering Owen and Louis had dated and everyone knew.

Harry tried to hold his head high as this continued throughout the week but was worried about Louis. His friends on the football team had stopped talking to him and Harry knew that Louis was heartbroken. He felt guilty and even though it wasn't his fault, he felt like he contributed in some way.

Louis was not showing up at lunch and Harry, Liam, Niall, and Zayn only saw him during classes but even then, he wouldn't talk much. It had gotten to the point where Harry was feeling miserable, and the other boys had started to notice.

"Harry, why don't you just go and just talk to Louis?" Harry heard Niall say as he was snapped out of his thoughts by his voice.

Harry sighed, running his fingers through his hair, and pushing it back. "I'm not going to talk about it during class. I don't know where he is right now. I don't know where he goes on break. I have no idea." Harry replied. It was currently Thursday, and they were in their study period of the day. Usually, Louis was around but he had disappeared again.

"Uhm, actually I do," Liam said, looking up from his work, sheepishly. Harry and Niall both shot him a look.

"What? I'm sorry. He didn't want me to tell you, H. I only found out yesterday when I spotted him on my way to math."

"Can you please tell me? I'm really worried about him. I don't like seeing him like this and I'm sure you both don't either," Harry pleaded, hoping that Liam would tell him. Liam sighed.

"Okay, I understand. Louis hides behind the science building. He said it's quiet and peaceful. No one ever goes there," Liam explained. Harry felt butterflies in his stomach. He remembered that he used to go there when he needed a minute to himself.

"Thank you, Liam! Thank you!" Harry exclaimed, as he stood up and started packing his papers and books into his bag. Niall and Liam looked confused.

"Where are you going? The bell hasn't gone yet!" Niall exclaimed.

"I need to talk to him. It's been driving me crazy and it's all my fault," Harry emphasised, throwing his bag over his shoulder.

"Wait, what? Don't do that. He'll be mad at me!" Liam exclaimed, just before one of the librarians glared at them and told them to shush.

"I'm sorry Li, but I have to. I have to make sure he's okay," Harry spoke, this time in a hushed tone. Liam sighed and nodded.

"Okay. Make sure he's all right. We'll see you after school. At your house? It's a bit hectic right now with mum." Liam asked and Harry smiled and gave him a nod.

"Of course! I'll meet you both in the carpark," Harry said before rushing out of the library and heading towards the science building to find Louis.

As Harry neared the science building, he saw Louis sitting against the brick wall, with his head back, eyes closed, earphones in, and a cigarette dangling between the fingers of his right hand. Harry smiled and walked over to him gently tapping him on the shoulder.

Louis jumped and opened his eyes, smiling once he saw Harry. Louis took his earphones out and sighed, shoving them in his pocket along with his phone.

"Hi, Lou."