ix.

TW: THERE'RE SOME STEAMY THINGS DESCRIBED IN THE CHAPTER WHICH CAN BE UNCOMFORTABLE FOR SOME READERS. SUGGEST YOU READ WITH CAUTION.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

THE NIGHT THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

27 Oct 2022

ISAAC HAD ALWAYS DRAGGED BOTH HIS BROTHER AND THEIR BEST FRIEND AT THE PARTIES. He was the biggest people person among their trio, but, for some reason, didn't go anywhere without Lee and Nova. As if they were his fuel, as if without them he couldn't be the Isaac Garcia everybody seemed to know.

Of course, nothing was like that. Isaac was a part of a Walter clan — despite the different last name of his — he was born popular with townies, became even more famous when discovered the outgoing personality of his. Isaac could effortlessly surround himself with people in a matter of seconds, after showing up at the one's party. The boy had a superpower of making everyone around admire him with passion, he really did. Others would never get bored with him and vice versa.

At some point, both Lee and Nova were jealous of Isaac. When they were in elementary school, they started tons fights with him based on his popularity and their lack of it. The funny thing was, they weren't unpopular themselves: another Walter and a younger version of Aiden Halley, the talented boy who attracted attention by doing, basically, everything, the Sunshine of the town, as he got called sometimes. Possibly, the jealousy came from their disability of competing with their siblings, the feeling of living in the shadow of the elder ones.

However, as the kids became older, the itching jealousy simply faded away, all by itself. Nova and Lee finally realised that whatever made people love Isaac had nothing to do with them; it was their Isaac, the star, the center of attention, the most caring brother and best friend in the whole world.

That was the real reason why he didn't leave people he loved the most behind. Maybe he wasn't able to tell them how much he loved Lee and Nova, but his actions definitely showed whatever he couldn't express using words. Halley and Garcia cherished him as much as he did them, that thing was the most important for the trio.

So, when the accident happened, they were together all the time. Nova even spent a couple of nights at the Walters, sleeping on the floor of the Garcias' room. Nevertheless, it wasn't a regular activity; Halley went to the pair of her best of friends whenever she got tired of babysitting Reginald. Her comprehensive love for the relative wasn't enough for a fifteen-year-old to give up on her life. Especially, when there were people who were ready to remind her that she was the one who kept living, no matter how difficult it was without her protective big brother.

And the night of the party was one of those moments which were supposed to make Nova recall she still was a teenager with some friends, with a family of a dozen of boys by her side.

"The house's huge!" Lee exclaimed as the group entered the place where the party took place at. Others simply nodded in agreement, keeping examining the interior.

Danny, being the last to come, removed the car keys and whistled. "I knew Freddie's family had a shit ton of money but that is insane."

"What's bigger, this house or the Summerhills'?" Isaac turned to Nova and asked, genuinely interested. "Glad we have an expert over there," other siblings laughed.