☾☆☽ 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒆? ☾☆☽

• cw: none! other than Sejanus being the cutie we all love & adore <3

Part 3/4

"Please, just tell me, what are we? I can't go on like this! I can't stand this being a stress-reliever relationship. I don't even know if I should call it like that!" Sejanus sobs. "So I want to know. Is it worth it? I really want this to work, but the question is: do you? I want to know if you want to commit to this or not. Just tell me, because I need certainty. Dancing over the line between friendship and relationship was fun while it lasted, but I need you to tell me where you stand."

"I really want this to work, too, Sej... it's just that... I don't know if I'm ready now."

"Well. When you do know, just let me know, okay?" he plants a soft kiss on your forehead before backing away from you.

You feel something shattering in your chest. "Please, don't go..."

"I don't want to. But until we make up our minds... I think... it's best not to see each other for a while."

"No!" you cry. "Don't do this... we can work it out, I promise I'll find a way to work it out... just please don't go..."

"I think we both need some space, some time to figure out what we wanna do." Sejanus smiles sadly, gently caressing your cheek. "Trust me, it's for the best."

"For the best? Whose best?"

"Ours. This... thing we have."

You sigh and nod. "Okay, fine. You're probably right..."

▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷

Sejanus sits alone on the lunchroom table, burying his head in his hands. He knows this was his idea, so why is he feeling like this? Because it hurts anyway. He glances over at you, sitting alone on the other corner of the room. Seeing you like that breaks his heart, but he knows this is for the best. But is it, really? Since he counts you as his only friend in this place, he has no one to talk to, no one to share what he's feeling with.

You just want to disappear. Get away from here, go anywhere, you don't care. Or do you? No, not really. You really don't want to go. What you do want is him back. Not that you ever got him in the first place. "I'm such a mess," you mumble to yourself. You need him so bad, it's physically painful. It hurts you seeing him there, all alone. Should I go there? And say what? Not a good idea. Besides, it was his idea, after all. Shouldn't he be the one who comes over? You're so lost in thought that you don't hear him creep up behind you. "Fuck, you scared me!"

He chuckles. "Sorry. Didn't mean to."

"I thought we were givin' ourselves some time?" you question, trying not to stare at his lips for too long.

"I thought so too. But it seems like I can't."

You feel something fluttering in your stomach as a blush creeps up on your cheeks. "Wh-What's that supposed to mean?" you ask softly, wishing the answer to be the one you wanted.

He gestures to the empty seat beside you. "Can I sit?" You just nod in response. "It means... that I can't go on like this, all alone, while you're there, too, all alone... I guess what I'm tryna say is that..."

"Of course. I'd love to be your girlfriend." I sure hope that's what he was tryna say.

Sejanus's eyes light up brightly. "Really?"

"Yes! Yes, a thousand times yes!" you nod. "Don't know why it's taken us so long."

"Come," he says, taking your hands as he makes you stand up.

"What're you doing...?" you giggle softly. He says nothing, he just guides you to his lap. "Ooh!"

"Like it?" he hums once you sit in your newly assigned place.

"You know I do. D'you like it?"

"But of course. Now I don't wanna let you go ever again, an' do everything together."

"Not gon' lemme go once? To pee, at least?" you chuckle.

"Hm. I'll think about that," he winks, resulting in laughs from both of you.

"I'm glad I asked about the mistletoe," you smile up at him. "Or we wouldn't be here now."

"Really, now? Well, I think we would —just not today." He shrugs. "I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. But I really, really wanna take you out today," he hums. "I-If that's okay with you."

"Sure!"

"Sweet! You could come over to my house an' see where the magic's done," he smiles.

"Ooh, that sounds good! Yeah, I'm down for that. We could go after classes today!"

"Sounds like a plan to me," Sejanus nods, glancing over to the clock. "We really should get goin'. Dr. Gaul waits for no one. Especially me," he laughs a little.

"Ugh, I hate her."

"Who doesn't, though?" he sighs and shrugs.

You plant a soft kiss on his lips before standing up. "C'mon," you hum, taking his hand before heading over to the lab.

☾☆☽ 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒆𝒅... ☾☆☽