Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

"Rose, Rose! Look what I drew!" Claire yelled, running into my room. I dropped my pencil on the table and and spun on my chair, giving her a big smile.

"What you draw, sweetcheeks?" I grunted, placing her on my laps.

"I drew you, in the space of time." She spoke, showing me a drawing of a rose in the middle of a half black and half white paper. It had to doors on both sides, in the dark side it showed a white door while on the light side it showed a black door.

"The space of time? What's that Claire?" I asked, taking a hold of her drawing with one hand while my other arm was wrapped around her waist.

"It's like where you decide to go. To the moon goddess or to that even place of mean people. That's the moon goddess, she's there to thank you." She spoke, pointing at a top figure that was above the rose who was a stick figure with a yellow-white lighting around her.

"It's beautiful Claire. But what gave you the idea to draw this?" I asked, setting the drawing down on the table.

"It came from a dream. A evil guy came and poisoned you, like the way that guy poisoned me. Only worse, so the moon goddess gave you a choice, either you come back or stay with her." She spoke, making my heart thump loud against my chest.

Can this actually happen in real life? But how?

"Oh. Well, it's a wonderful drawing Claire. I'm proud of you. Mind if I can keep it?" I asked her as she looked at my drawing.

"It was for you anyways. I love the way you draw. I wish I can be like you when I grow up." She sighed, tracing her finger against the lines of my drawing. It was just a bunch of different flowers, scattered all around the paper.

"Oh really now? You wanna help me draw it?" I asked, as she turned and gave me a big smile. She nodded rapidly, quickly grabbing a two different yellow prismacolor pencils and started coloring the dandelion I drew.

"You sure did remember how to shade and color in the drawings from last time, huh?" I asked, smiling at her.

"Yeah. I been also practicing how to stay in the line. But you do a better job at it." She spoke, making me laugh.

"You sure about that? I'm pretty sure you're beating me now. You might become an artist like me one day." She looked at me with a huge smile but it slowly went to a small frown.

"But you're too good. You been drawing since you were six." She pouted, placing the pencil down. I wrapped my arms around her waist and legs, quickly standing up and spinning around, making her laugh. I threw her on my bed, while she squealed and fell into the pillows.

"Thats not true! Since I was three, actually. But so what? You can be anything you know. You don't have to always be like me." I laughed, sitting down on the edge of my bed.

She jumped up, sitting down on a few pillows while hugging one of my teddy bears in her hands.
"But I wanna be like you! Everyone respects you. You're strong, brave, a great sister, an artist, a building designer-"

"Architecture." I corrected her.

"That thing." She said, making me chuckle, "Than you have great friends and have an amazing boyfriend-"

"What boyfriend?" I cut her off again, raising an eyebrow.

"Zack." She spoke, making my cheeks flush.

"He's not my boyfriend, he's just a friend. I have my mate. My second mate." I explained, while she looked away, making a puzzled face.

"But Zack always talks about you, though." She muttered under her breath, which I clearly heard.

"Just continue your little story about me." I laughed, pulling on her toes, making her squeal and giggle.

"You're funny, sweet with a big, big, big heart. You're beautiful and I wish I had your hair and eyes. I just really want be like you." She pouted as I moved towards her, laying down and pulling her into my arms.

"You're already special the way you are, Claire. Yes you may have dark brown hair and light honey yellow-brown eyes and I have green eyes and dark red hair but that's just our features. You and I are alike. We may not look like it, but we are. You're charming, adventurous, sweet, energetic, and full of life. You just need to be yourself. Sure you can follow along my footsteps, just as long as you be yourself while you do it." I spoke, making her hug me tightly.

She softly whispered an okay and fell into her dreamland. I ran my hand through her hair, as I quietly hummed, watching her sleep. I would torture anyone who harmed my little sister and make them have a slow death. Claire means everything to me, I would rather die than see her in pain. I looked over at my desk and thought back to the drawing. I should probably show this to Victor.

I slowly stood up, grabbing my giant teddy bear and slipped her arms around her as she hugged it tightly. I pulled the covers up, to cover half her body and grabbed the drawing, looking at it once again.

'Victor, do have a second?' I linked, walking out my room, closing the door quietly behind me.

'Sure. What's wrong, love?' He asked, as I continued my way out of the house.

'Claire drew something for me but I want to show you it. It's seriously creeping me out. I'll meet you at the pack house.' I shivered, looking back down at the drawing. I continued walking down the street, picking up pace faster and faster.

'Okay. I'll wait for you outside.' He responded.

As I turned down the street, I rushed up the pack house, slamming the drawing against Victor's chest, crossing my arms. He looked at me confused before looking down at the drawing.

"What is this?" He asked, still looking at it.

"It's me, in the space of time. Here's the more awesome part, she got this idea by her dream. An evil dude came and poisoned me the way he poisoned her. That," I pointed at the figure above the rose, "is the moon goddess, making me decide to go home or stay with her. Also to thank me. How is this possible?! Can this actually happen in life?!" I yelled.

"Maybe she has a very imaginative mind." He spoke, looking at me.

I scoffed, "Claire is eight. I always told her to draw what she thinks or feels. This is definitely not a feeling. This came from her dream. A damn dream." I grabbed the drawing out of his hands.

"Okay. First, breathe deeply, love. That is very unusual. I'll give you that but we don't know. This is a simple drawing from your sister." He placed his both hands on my shoulders as I tried calming my wolf down.

"How?! This isn't a simple drawing! What if her drawing means something? What if this does happen?! I already put the pieces together. My life is something I love, silver can kill me. The evil dude is already known as Daniel. The thanks from the moon goddess could be for saving her statue when the temple was on fire. But me, in the doors of going to heaven and hell? Her asking me to stay or to come back? That isn't something a person can just create like this, Victor. This can actually happen." I spoke, while my heart raced as everything kept going to a shade of red and blue. My blood was on boiling, my wolf felt like killing.

"I don't know what to say." He spoke, scratching his chin. "I seriously don't know what to tell you. I don't this to happen. This can actually be a sign for us. To know this can actually happen, sooner or later. But I'm not gonna let it happen."

"Say you will help me. Put this all to an end. There's so many things I love, and I seriously don't wanna lose them. And I seriously don't wanna lose my life." I ran through my hair, as my voice cracked. "I still need to protect this pack, to protect Claire. And I just want Daniel gone. Dead. If not just far away from me, forever."

Victor grabbed my forearm and pulled me into a hug, I wrapped my arms around his torso, as he placed his chin on top of my chin. I sighed deeply, slightly shoving my face into his chest, feeling myself calm down more and more by his touch.

"I promise that this will all be over soon, I promise." He whispered, as we kept each other in our arms for who knows how long. Ugh, being the most respected and fierce fighter in this pack, Victor is able to bring my damn lovable, innocent side out so easily.