Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

"Thank you once again Nate for taking care of my sister." I hugged Nate who slowly hugged me back, trying to process what's happening.

"Of course. I would do anything for you. I mean like to take care of your sister, of course." He stuttered, blushing deeply.

"Thank you." I smiled sweetly. "Have a good night, Nate." I added, as he walked out of the house.

"Goodnight, Rose. I mean ma'am. Goodnight, ma'am." He stuttered once again, making me laugh lightly at him.

"You can call me Rose, Nate. Relax. You act like I'm going to rip your head off any minute." I smirked, watching him walk down the driveway. I heard him mumble a small 'you could if you wanted to.' But he simply waved at me with a nod.

I chuckled, locking the door and heading up to Claire's room. When I opened in the door, I found her bouncing up and down on her bed, throwing her teddy bear around. I was about to enter the room when I heard a male laughter, making me freeze.

Who the hell can that be?

I slowly reached over to my door, grabbing the blade I have in my wall. They were basically little knife holders I have screwed to the wall for any cases. I swiftly move the blade, slowly walking back towards Claire's room. I heard her talking to him but his voice was so low and somehow familiar. I walked in and Claire looked at me.

"You're back!" She cried with joy, running towards me. I gripped the blade tighter but when I looked to see who was in here, I instantly relaxed.

"Yeah, I'm back." I looked down at her, as she hugged my tightly.

"How did you spend your day?" He asked, standing up from the beanbags.

"It was good. Thank you. Question; how and why are you here? No offense." I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What? I can't see little Claire now?" He chuckled, making my heart quickened.

"I-Its not that. I j-just thought." I stuttered making him laugh louder at me. "You're so mean." I glares at him.

"Rose, Alpha Victor told me that you two are mates." Claire tugged on my shirt, making me blush. "Is that true?"

"Yeah it is, my darling. He is my mate." I picked her up.

"He's handsome like Zack." She whispered in my ear, making me laugh.

"Really now? But who do you prefer though?" I looked at her with a big grin.

"I won't say." She crossed her arms, sticking her tongue out at me. I fake gasped at her then pouted.

"Why not?" I used my baby voice, slowly walking over to her bed.

"Cause than Alpha Victor will get mad!" She playfully growled at me which sounded more like a roar then a growl. I playfully glared at her, reaching the end of her bed.

"Did you just growl at me?" I gently threw her on the bed. "You know the penalty for growling at me, my dear love." I slowly pounced on her, tickling her sides.

"St-stop! I-I'm s-sorry! P-please!" She yelled between her laughter only to make me tickle her faster.

"Fine!" I yelled, picking her and placing her on my tummy as I laid down as she sat there, taking big breathes while letting out small giggles. I turned and found Victor smiling at me, his eyes holding amusement, love and another emotion I couldn't put my finger on.

"What?" I asked, making him step out of his trance.

"Nothing." He cleared his throat, walking over to us, sitting next to me, putting my head on his lap.

"Are you sure?" I raised an eyebrow, looking up at him. He smiled and shook his head.

"It's just. You're so, I don't even know how to explain it. You're so well behave with your sister. I could literally feel the love you have for her. You seriously love her so much, don't you?" He spoke, making me sigh.

"I do. I would kill anyone who harms her." I spoke, watching Claire settle down, cuddling on top of me. "She's basically my whole world." I ran my hand through her hair.

"You should get some rest." He spoke, pulling a blanket over Claire's sleeping body.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked, gentle putting Claire to my side, grabbing her teddy bear.

"Yeah. Goodnight." He kissed my forehead, walking out of the room. I snuggled up next to Claire as he shut the door, turning off the lights.

*

"Get up." A small voice spoke along with a small shove. "Come on. Get up."

"Five more minutes." I mumbled, shoving my face into the pillow.

"No! Alpha Victor is here and he made us pancakes along with Nate. Come on." Claire shoved me once again but using her feet, making me roll of the bed.

"Fine. Fine. I'm getting up, just for pancakes." I grumbled, sitting up. I got up and stretched just when Claire jumped on my back, wrapping her arms around my neck and her legs around my stomach.

"Let's go!" She pushed forward, making me trip over my own feet. I could feel my wolf chuckle at her but I playfully growled.

"I'm going." I walked out of the room, jumping on each step, making her giggle. I did this until the last step which made me trip once again. I continued to walk over to the kitchen where Nate was sitting on a stool.

"Good morning everyone!" I yelled, making Nate jump a little.

"Good morning ma'am." He bowed his head, quickly moving towards the coffee machine. I set Claire down on the island as I walked over to Victor who was skilfully making pancakes.

"Thank you." I gently spoke, taking the coffee mug Nate offered me as he blushed and walked over to Claire giving her a cup of chocolate milk.

"Morning. Sleep well?" Victor spoke as I stood next to him.

"Morning to you too. And yeah, a little sore from Claire's kicks but good." I chuckled, taking a sip of the very delicious coffee.

"Good." He chuckled. I walked over to the island and sat across from Nate who was listening to Claire go on and on about her school.

"Breakfast is ready." Victor spoke, bringing a big plate with a enormous stack of pancakes. Nate quickly got up and grabbed plates, placing one for each expect for himself.

"Oh, no. You're eating with us as well mister." I spoke, getting up and grabbing a plate for him.

"Oh I don't have to, ma'am. I already ate before I came." He quickly spoke, shaking his head.

"Nonsense. You're eating with us and that's final." I placed the plate in front of him with strictness in my voice.

"Yeah, Nate. Eat!" Claire cheered, placing pancakes on his and her plate.

"Very well. Thank you." He gave us a small smile.

'Is he always like this?' Victor's voice ran through our link.

'He's just a nervous fuzzball. It's also cause he has a small crush me. But don't harm the poor child. He's just a boy. I trust him with my sister.' I explained, making him sigh deeply.

'Alright. I won't hurt the damn boy.' He grumbled as I placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you." I spoke, smiling happily at him.