Chapter 24

Chapter Twenty-Four

'I need help. Rogues on the East borderline.' A pack fighter linked, as I quickly switched my directions and ran over, dodging trees and roots as the rest of the fighters with me did the same.

'On our way.' I linked back, picking up the pace as we quickly reached for the East borderline.

'Luna...' Sandra whispered as we continued to run quicker. 'It's him and he brought more than a hundred rogues.' She added, making me stop in pace. My whole vision went red as some warriors howled, signalling for back-up.

'Someone link Victor. This has to come to an end!' I growled. I started running again, going quicker and quicker.

We finally reached the area right when Victor got here too. I gave him a small look but he quickly gave a small nod, telling me that Claire was with Nate before leaving the house. I relaxed a little but tensed up again, slowly going towards the sounds of growls and snarls.

I shifted along with Victor as we slipped on a pair of shorts and shirt. We finally reached the clearing only to see hundreds of rogues at the line and in the line of our borderlines.

I felt my heat circling me, I was furious. I looked around and couldn't spot that little rogue. I watched as they all got in fighting positions, growling and snarling towards us but not moving forward.

"Where is he?!" Victor roared as I took deep heavy breathes, trying to control my anger the best I can.

"Aw, is the little Luna having trouble relaxing?" Someone spoke as a few others chuckled, "Anxious to see you're mate again, aren't you?"

I felt growls rumble inside my chest, making my breathing unevenly and loud. "Where is he?! We don't have all damn day!" I yelled.

"Babe, relax." Victor whispered to me as I took easy small breaths now. I nodded at him and looked back at all the rogues again.

"Just tell us where he is and everything could possibly work out." I spoke in a calm voice which surprised everyone from my sudden change.

"He'll be here in a few minutes. You can sit and wait, Luna." A rogue spoke as a few in wolf form laid down with such ease.

'I can't do this. This is too much Victor. I literally feel myself about to pop.' I linked Victor as I paced back and forth feeling my anger rise with every second.

'Just keep calm. Everything will be fine. We already have all fighters here. Some are hidden. If anything, nothing will go bad.' He linked me back. I turned to look at him, only to see him already looking at me.

I blushed slightly and looked away, keeping my eyes on the ground and ears wide alert. All my senses were active for, if, anything happens behind our backs.

"I see you came." A voice spoke making me look towards the left, watching a very disastered Daniel standing there.

He did not look well, there was black circles under his eyes, his cheeks looked a little hollow. His hair was wild and messy while a facial hair grew slowly around his jaw. All in all, he looked like crap. It's only been a few months though.

"I see you're still alive." I spoke without thinking, earning a chuckle from him.

"Are you going to come back?" He asked, getting straight to the point.

"No."

"Please?"

"Okay."

"Really?"

"Nope." And with that, I killed that little shine in his eyes once again. Could you blame me for being like this? I have a mate already. I'm marked. There's no going back.

"You're acting quite calming." He spoke once again making me smirk.

"The things a mate can do." I winked, making Victor chuckle when he noticed how Daniel's jaw clenched tightly and his hands balled up to fist.

"I already warned you once. Do you really want me to destroy this pac-"

"You couldn't destroy this pack even if you tried!" I raised my voice a little, cutting him off. "Bring my pack down, I'm willing to go down with them. I'm there Luna. I'm his mate. Not yours."

"You were mine in the fi-"

"Until you rejected me. Your mistake. Possibly the best mistake ever since I have all I need. An actual mate who didn't reject me for my ranking." I cut him off as growls filled the air.

"It was a mistake! If I knew before tha-"

"That I was a top fighter, you wouldn't have rejected me?! Is that what you're trying to say?!?" I yelled, feeling anger burn deeply in me now.

Is this why he's trying to take me back? Because he found out about my actual ranking?

"It's not like that." He whined, almost as if sadness and guilt burn within him. "I just wasn't thinking. You don't believe in second mates so why are you with him?"

I turned to my side and looked at Victor. Why am I with him? Sure, I don't believe in second mates but he didn't reject me on the spot, he cares for me and loves me. I looked back at Daniel and looked into his dull eyes.

"Cause second mates...if your first mate rejects, it's cause your second mate is more valuable." I shrugged, making some mutter to each other cause, well that's what every parent told us as kids.

I watched as his nose flared with anger. I wasn't expecting the next thing, a knife going straight at me. I ducked right in time before it stabbed me between my eyes. I looked up and growled loudly as roars and growls filled the air.

"Fine, you wanna play dirty? We can play dirty, too." I growled, quickly shifting and heading straight towards Daniel. He shifted right when I slammed my body against his, pushing towards a tree.

I tried snapping at his neck but he kicked me off of him and aimed for my throat. I heard a loudly menacing growl from behind me but I didn't need to turn or look to see who it was.

I felt Victors anger running through my veins along with my own. I kept pushing and biting, doing everything to push Daniel off but he kept snapping and biting at my shoulder.

'I can't get through.' Victor linked me just when I pushed Daniel off of me. I got up on my paws and saw wolves surrounding me, in a circle while the out of it was my pack, Victor, trying to get through towards me.

I felt a body fall on me with a mouth biting deeply on my shoulder making me howl in pain. I didn't understand why he was just biting just my shoulder, near my neck, until it all clicked.

'Mark. He's trying to mark me!' I linked, quickly howling and whimpering trying to push him off. I finally pulled him off, feeling his teeth leave my skin as air hit the open holes.

I heaved in pain but growled at him and lounged at him, biting and ripping at him. I got a bite down on his shoulder making him howl with pain. I ripped off a piece of his skin, spitting it out and letting out a wolfie chuckle watching him whimper with pain.

I felt a wolf jump on my back, making us roll around, snapping our jaws at each other. I think that's when everything was unleashed, wolves going against each other. Two more wolves jumped at me, biting at my high and legs.

Three against one didn't seem fair but I didn't mind. I was too enraged with my anger to care. I let out a deep growl, biting hard at the wolf below me, killing him instantly. I quickly tackled down another, snapping his neck in seconds as the other one whimpered and lowered back.

I turned to them, growling softly, everything purely red. I jumped right at them, killing them in seconds as I turned to look back at the rest of the rogues.

I couldn't find him, I need to find him. This has to come to an end.