Chapter 6: Missing bracelet and lacking manners

Tine has just hung up on his sister, after announcing the news that their father might be free sooner than they expected

Tine has just hung up on his sister, after announcing the news that their father might be free sooner than they expected. Yet for some reason, he didn't feel as happy as he thought as he would be. Don't get him wrong, of course he is happy that his father would be free...But he also feels some kind of heaviness in his chest.

A flash of the disappointed look on his teacher's face appears in Tine's mind for a split second.

Apparently, an omega like Tine can feel bad.

Of course he would..The older man has done everything for him so far. Taking him in his home, teaching him privately without wanting anything in return except to see Tine excel. And Tine cannot do a simple voice exercise.

The omega's eyebrows furrow in frustration.

" Why can't you do it, brunette boy? " He speaks to himself, dropping on the bed on his back. He looks up at the boring, beige ceiling, arms raised and surrounding his head on the pillow.

He doesn't know what possesses him to open his mouth while he is lying down and sing...But he does it.

" Ooo...Ooo... " It's the exact thing Sarawat made him sing over and over again. A simple 'O', no dragging, no pulling. Just and 'O'. And this time, it sounds more than well.

" Oh, did I do it? There you go.. " A smile erupts on his face and he sits up, parting his lips again.

" Ooo... "

Doing it another time only convinced Tine more. He lies back down on the mattress and smirks. His teacher's cold expression flows into his mind again.

" The problem is with you, you just don't know how to teach it. I can do it when I lay down. "

He can definitely say that to his face.

˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ✧ ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚

" Sarawat! " Mrs. Niew calls out her son's name as soon as she steps on his floor. She walks through the wide space near the staircase and stops abruptly. Sarawat walks under a big arch that leads further into the space where the piano is. He approaches his mother.

" What is it? " He questions.

" I invited friends for dinner. Will you join? " She smiles wide, eyes hopeful as they meet her son's.

Since the incident, Sarawat closed himself even more than he already was and rarely went out if it wasn't about work. He threw himself in music and refused to attend gatherings with his mother's friends or the family's relatives. He just remains on his floor until the guests go home and goes to sleep right afterward.

" No, thanks. I need to work. " It's the usual reply but instead of dropping it, Niew tilts her head to the side.

" I don't insist, Niran will come too. "