𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰 - 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨'𝘴 𝘓𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨

King's Landing was not the sight Lucella had hoped for. The smell alone was enough to make her want to return to the ship. The carriages came to a stop as they passed through the gates of the Red Keep, and Lucella peered out of the window curiously. It was certainly a much larger castle than she was used to.

"Come, sweetling." Lord Tamworth said to his wife as the carriage door opened.

Lucella watched her parents leave the carriage and sat contemplatively for a moment. She would never admit it, but she was slightly nervous to meet so many new people. Her ability had made her reclusive, and it was rare that she shared company with anyone outside of her immediate family.

"Quickly, Lucella!" Her father called out.

The girl huffed before stepping out of the carriage reluctantly. They were escorted inside by a member of the King's Guard, who led them to the guest quarters.

"I suppose we are not good enough for a personal greeting from any of the Royal family?" Lucella asked as she stepped inside the quarters, surveying the large room boredly.

Lord Tamworth grunted.

"Enough of this behaviour, daughter. I am sure the King and Queen are far too busy preparing for tomorrow's tournament to greet us at this time."

Lucella stifled a laugh while her mother looked at her with a frown. A moment later, a knock was heard at the door.

"Come." Said Lord Tamworth.

A guard opened the door and a tall, slender woman drifted into the room, wearing a deep emerald dress with the symbol of the seven-pointed star on her chest. She was of a similar age to Lucella's mother and wore her long curled hair loose past her back.

"My Queen," Princess Saerella said with a smile, bowing to the woman. "How good it is to see you after so long."

"Princess Saerella, we are so pleased you made it to King's Landing." Queen Alicent smiled, approaching the woman and kissing both her cheeks gently. "You are a vision of beauty, as always. Your cousin, The King, sends his greetings and apologises for not welcoming you and your family personally. He is resting before the tournament tomorrow."

"No apology is needed, Your Grace. The King needs his rest before such a grand occasion."
Lucella's mother spoke gently. "I am sure you remember my husband, Lord Tamworth."

Lord Tamworth bowed to the Queen.

"Of course. Thank you for joining us, Lord Tamworth."

"It is our pleasure, Your Grace. My sons were not able to join us, however my daughter has been greatly looking forward to this trip."

Lucella looked over at the Queen, her hands placed neatly behind her straightened back. She was smiling politely despite her father's lie.

"Oh my! Such a beauty, indeed." Queen Alicent hummed as she moved closer to the girl, smiling at her as she caressed her hand gently. "You were only a babe in arms when we first met, Lady Lucella."

"It is a great pleasure to meet you, Your Grace." Said Lucella, continuing to keep the false smile plastered on her face.

"You must meet your cousins, sweet one. They have been expecting your arrival for days." The Queen said before turning back to Lucella's parents. "The King has invited you all to dine with us tonight. We hope to see you there."

"Thank you, Your Grace. That sounds wonderful." Saerella smiled gratefully.

The Queen returned the smile and said her goodbyes before leaving the chambers. Lucella let out a long breath and let her shoulders sag. It was already hard work to keep up with such formalities.