𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 - 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘛𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩

Aemond sparred with an unusual fierceness the day after the conversation with his mother. Ser Criston struggled to dodge his attacks, and at times it looked like the prince was actually trying to injure him. His brother, Daeron, was also in the training yard, a much softer and skinnier boy, though still highly proficient with the sword. The brothers had never been close, nor had Aemond been close to any of his siblings. Aegon was a drunken fool, who only cared for wine and whores. Helaena had little interest is anything other than her children and her fantasies. Daeron was a spoilt child, who was even more loved by his mother than Aemond had been in his youth. If Daeron had been the first born, there would be no doubt that their father may have considered naming him heir instead of his beloved Rhaenyra. He was good and kind, unlike his two elder brothers.

Aemond knew he had to fight harder than his siblings to get what he wanted in this world. And he would do so until it killed him.

"Another victory, my prince. Perhaps we should take a break now?" Ser Criston suggested as Aemond held the sparring sword to his throat.

The prince did not move.

"No," He replied shortly. "I wish to continue. In fact, I think it would be beneficial for my little brother to practice with someone who will put up a real fight."

Aemond turned to Daeron, who had also earned another victory against Ser Gyles Belgrave.

"I'm not quite sure the young prince is ready for such a challenge." Said Ser Criston.

Daeron laughed and shook his head. "Nonsense, Ser Criston." He run a hand through his damp hair, turning to Aemond. "Besides, it will give me a fine opportunity to impress my betrothed." He looked up
at the stands with a smile, where Lucella and her mother sat.

Aemond stared at his younger brother codly for a moment, his eye twitching. He wondered if his mother had told Daeron about their conversation, and immediately resented her if she had. He had a smug look on his face that made Aemond rife with anger. The wedding, as Daeron had recently boasted, would be in a weeks time. A quick engagement. So quick, that Prince Aemond now realised he must act with haste if he wished to make Lucella his own bride. He looked up at the stands, where the girl sat. She had a bored look on her face, completely uninterested in her mother's rambling. A few stands on hair had fallen out of her braided updo, and he could just about see her smooth pale chest against the contrasting wine coloured gown she wore. Her eyes moved, and she met Aemond's gaze. His lips twinged into a smile. Lucella did not smile back, but her eyes sparkled, which said far more than her lips ever could.

"Come, brother." Daeron said quickly, a tinge of annoyance in his voice as he watched the pair look at one another. "Let us fight."

Aemond broke the gaze and turned to his brother, a smirk on his lips. Ser Criston laid down the ground rules of the fight, but it did not seem like the two were taking any notice. Aemond and Daeron raised their swords, while Lucella watched intently from above.

Woosh. The first swing was prematurely dealt by Aemond. Daeron struggled to react, only dodging the blow to his stomach by mere inches. After that, he regained his composure and stood steady on his feet. The two young men fought one another ferociously, and the knights behind them exchanged worried glances. Aemond ducked as Daeron swung for his head, a wicked smile still playing on his lips. He leant forward, the clanging of their sparring swords ringing throughout the training yard.

It seemed like a fair exchange, until Aemond hooked his foot behind his brother's ankles, causing him to fall straight onto his back. Aemond pointed his sword to Daeron's throat, and waited for him to submit.

"Always keep your feet moving, little brother." Said Aemond, trying to stifle a laugh. He looked up at the stands, feeling even more victorious as he caught Lucella smiling down at him. Her mother whispered something to her, and Lucella's smiled faded. She stood up and descended the stairs toward the two brothers, as Daeron quickly brushed himself down.