Chapter 4 - The Best Day of Your Fake Life

4

I slowly started to come to, noticing first the bright sunlight and the feeling of luxurious softness and warmth surrounding me when I fluttered my eyes open and stared up at the stark white ceiling in confusion. I looked back down, now realizing I was in a large bedroom with cream colored walls and tall windows on two sides of the room and an open door to what looked like a bathroom, with sheer white curtains filtering in the morning sun, and painted white elegant furniture with a large dresser and a vanity table with a mirror and cream colored tufted stool, and an ornate gold full-length mirror in the corner of the room.

I was lying in a large California king with tall white spires on the four corners and a tufted cream colored headboard, with tons of soft pillows behind me and a thick white duvet and cream colored silk sheets. I looked beside me and saw a shirtless man lying on his side facing away from me, and having broad muscular shoulders with defined muscles rippled down his bare back.

I raised my eyebrows and started to sit up on my elbows when I looked down and realized I was naked, furrowing my brows and bringing the covers up as I looked back up around the room and shook my head, "Something tells me I'm not in Kansas anymore..."

The man lying beside me began to stir in his sleep, taking in a soft and sleepy breath before turning back and smiling softly back at me, "Morning, Beautiful."

My eyes went wide when I realized I had just woken up naked in bed with another strange man, now noticing his short and tousled wavy black hair and intense blue eyes, with features that made him look like the perfect choice to be casted as Superman, complete with the strong jawline and All-American handsome face as he laid flat against the mountain of pillows beside me, noticing his large powerful arms with a broad muscular chest and a defined eight pack, with the white duvet barely covering his sharply defined hips that trailed down his smooth stomach.

I hesitated, pulling the covers up closer as I sat up and slowly backed away, "Uh... Good morning?"

He rolled over on his side to face me with a soft smile before reaching out for my side under the covers, "You look like you slept well?"

I felt his large hand slide against my side when I flinched away, scooting back further and holding the blankets against my chest as I shook my head and shrugged nervously, "And you look like... Superman? Wishing for a normal life means that I ended up with Superman?"

He slowly sat up in bed and turned towards me with a slightly furrowed brow as he shook his head, cracking a charming smile as he spoke with a deep and gentle voice, "Are you feeling okay, Cathy? Did you have a strange dream, or something?"

I made a face as I sat up in bed, holding the covers up against myself and shook my head, "Cathy? Let me guess, your name is Clark?"

He let out a deep laugh and shook his head, turning further towards me and moving closer as he gave me a playful and flirty look with his inviting and kind eyes, "I think maybe you hit your head on the headboard a little too hard last night, honey. It's me, Christopher. Your husband?"

I shot my eyebrows up as I froze, looking down at my left hand and saw a large diamond ring and wedding band when I looked back at him and narrowed my eyes, "As in... Like- Christopher Reeves?"

He furrowed his brows slightly in confusion before glancing back at the alarm clock on the nightstand, looking back at me and giving me a seductive half smile, "We've still got about twenty minutes before we have to get ready for work? Maybe I can jog your memory..."