Fragments of Trust

A week after

The next day, Om underwent a series of medical examinations

"Why are both of you neurologists checking me?" Om joked, a playful glint in his eye. "Shouldn't we get someone from cardiology in here?"

The doctor, engaged in examining Om, finally raised his head, revealing a sly smile.

"Dr. Guptha has fed up with you, Uncle. I'm just checking your vitals, and your dear daughter insisted that I should do it."

Om chuckled, "Pari, I'm perfectly fine. You didn't have to trouble MR. Dr. Roshan."

Pari, standing nearby, grinned mischievously, "Oh, he's used to my schemes. Besides, Rosh is my bro, and he's the best. You're in good hands, papa"

Roshan joined in with a smile, "Absolutely, uncle. Just a thorough check to make sure everything is tip-top. Can't let you cause trouble for your family.

Om sighed,  "Alright, alright," he agreed, shooting a mock glare at Pari.
"But Rosh, buddy, aren't you fed up with this troublesome patient?" he laughed.

Roshan smiled warmly. His hazel eyes reflected not just a professional responsibility but also a familial bond.
"Never fed up, uncle. Your well-being is as important to me as it is to Pari" 

he replied, his tone carrying a genuine concern that surpassed the boundaries of a doctor-patient relationship.

After the examination, as Om sat up,
Roshan:Uncle, make sure to take it easy. Stress isn't good for your health."

Pari:papa, listen to him. Don't go back to your old habits of overworking."

Om chuckled, ok...ok I'll take it easy," he promised.

➗➗➗➗➗➗➗➗➗➗

 As they stepped out of Om's room, Roshan turned to Pari with a measured expression.

 Roshan:Pari, I need to talk to you about uncle's case. There are some risks involved

Pari (concerned ): What  risks Rosh?"

 Roshan sighed, " Om Uncle's health condition is delicate. We need to monitor it closely. Stress can worsen the situation. It's crucial to ensure he remains calm and avoids unnecessary pressure."

Gauri who overheard the conversation, exchanged a worried glance with Rudra. The weight of Roshan's words hung in the air, reminding them of the fragility of Om's health.

Gauri, with a mix of concern and determination, spoke first, 

How do we make sure Om gets better without any problems?

Roshan.:Gauri Aunty, the key is to manage stress. Keep the environment positive and calm. Encourage him to follow the medication routine, and make sure he attends regular check-ups. Any sudden strain on his health could be detrimental."