Chapter 2 intrusion

tw: death, abuse, stabbing ect.

this is after you've moved in and stuff, you probably won't understand this if you haven't read forever, so if u haven't, then yh. you will probably not get the context and stuff.

you peeled yourself out of bed. it was so warm and comfy, but you were hungry so you coudn't sleep anymore.

Peeta was sprawled out awkwardly over his half of the bed, his arm hang over the edge and his finger tips slowly swayed back and forward, gently sweeping the carpet.

you tiptoed down the stairs, the soft carpet prickled at your bare feet and left them feeling numb and raw as you walked to the kitchen.

as you turned the corner into the kitchen something caught your eye. someone was sitting in your high-backed rocking chair, staring into the embers of last nights fire. you warily held on to the edge of the door and leant into the room.

the hinges squeaked as you tilted and the head snapped around.

"mum?" you questioned.

"he's been drinking again."

you sat down in silence. "did he hurt you?"

tears started trickling down her face.

"MUM DID HE HURT YOU." you shouted rising to your feet and you heard peeta run down the stairs.

"(y/n)! What's going on? are you ok?" 

he saw your mother framed by the fire and hugged you from behind. you tried to shake him of but he held tight.

"don't say anything you are going to regret. she's already fragile." he whispered to you and your anger faded. he let go and sat down.

"mum you need to tell me. did he hurt you?"

she shook her head slowly and a pained sob slipped out of her lips

"mum. where is rosie?" (i cba to right (y/s/n) every time, so i just gave them a name.)

she shook her head and choked on her tears.

"sh- she. he. he hurt her." she descended into a downward spiral, and you knew from years of dealing with her, that you could only get a couple more sentences out of her

"mum what happened."

"h-h-he had a knife. h-he stabbed her. the funeral people are coming in the morning to take her body."

"no."

"(y/n). im so sorry, i-i just stood there. i j-just watched."

"no. nononononono" you sank down into the sofa and peeta wrapped his arm around you, you tilted your head and rested it on his shoulder. tears spurted onto his grey night shirt and he held you to his chest.

"i will not be seeing you again. i don't want to hurt you as well."

she walked to the door, but you jumped up and hugged her.

"goodbye (y/n). i love you."

she left the door and left you standing there. you slowly sank to the ground and rocked back and forth on the balls of your feet, uncontrollable sobbing. he came from behind and wrapped a comforting arm around you back. you tilted forehead and rested your forehead against his chest. you slowly closed your eyes and tried to stifle the world with his warmth.