Chapter 1

"Look...what are those things?"

"Some sorts of...Corrupted?"

"Strange. They look quite different than the ones we know."

The Gray Raven Squad watched from above as they saw multiple Corrupted(?) in a field. Behind the machines looked like ruins as they found themselves staring at them, unable to hear what they were saying.

"They look like Products of the Golden Age that have been corrupted from the Punishing Virus. However, I've never seen these specific kinds in the archives." The Commandant muttered. "Although it's strange, these new Corrupted seem to be in unison. They're acting like an army and are even dressed with a forest theme. Some even have masks..."

"They're standing idly. Do you think they've noticed us?" Lucia asked as they remained watching unknown what to do.

The next action caused them all to widen their eyes as the Corrupted stared directly at them with glowing red eyes. Being caught is not the shocking factor, but the next action that will cause them to be surprised.

"We must protect our king and kingdom! We will protect them!" One of the Corrupted told the others. A wave of bloodlust coming from the corrupted was felt through the Gray Raven Squad as Lee jumped down from the high ground and onto the bottom. His dual pistols pointed at the corrupted. Lucia jumped down while Liv and the Commandant went down a slope from the side.

"No falling back! Fight!"

Lee dodged the Corrupted's attacks as he leaped into the air. Using Continuous Fire he shot a barrage of energy projectiles which rained down upon a few of the Corrupted in a small area. He managed to hit some of the enemies enough times with his bullets and they proceeded to penetrate through their steel bodies as they exploded upon death.

"You have lived your whole life for this singular moment!"

The Corrupted's disordered voice caused a feeling of irritation to flow through Lucia's mind. She slashed with her sword toward the corrupted with a flurry of speed. She dodges with ease toward their attacks. She cut down a Corrupted with her sword, then she dodged and moved behind the Corrupted figure who had left itself open while trying to rush at her with its mechanical hands spinning around. Stabbing it in the back, she pulled out her sword and then continued going after the next ones.

"For the Forest King!"

The leader's voice of the Corrupted said in glory as it praised the Forest King.

"The Forest King!" All the Corrupted responded with glory as they aimed to defeat their enemies.

The Commandant and Liv remained together as Liv proceeded to shoot some of the Corrupted with her Beam Strikes. Using her cannons she shot multiple beams while the Commandant used his gun to shoot at the corrupted with his energy projectiles.

"We've got company!" The Commandant noticed that more of the Corrupted appeared from other areas in the Forest around them. "The attraction of our fight must have alerted them."

"Protect the Forest King—"

Shooting the Corrupted without wasting any time, he cut it off and then shot more projectiles until they penetrated through its body and died.

"For the Forest King! We will do everything to protect the Forest King from you Androids!" The corrupted chanted. "All Androids shall die!"

Liv noticed how the corrupted neared the Commandant due to the number of them as she focused her cannons and shot beams at them. She then proceeded to perform one of her attacks, Black Hole. As the name suggests, a black hole was deployed as the Corrupted got pulled all together toward it.