IS HE INTRESTED IN HER?

CHAPTER 5
AUTHOR'S POV

Serenic tune of piano echoed in the old dusty room. A young boy sat on the stool infornt of it. His fingers gracefully moving on black and white keys, playing a heartfelt melody.

Though the room was old and dusty, located in the isolated corner of school. It had a magnificent piano which had been abandoned by the school for no reasons.

On a rainy day when he was furiously walking in school, cursing his rival. He had found it accidentally. Till today he have no idea what had him fascinate towards the piano, all he knows is he finds his solace and peace in it, which nothing has ever provided him.

He pressed his fingers more on the key, intensifying the speed and tempo of melody. His eyes closed in full concentration, hairs sticking to his forehead due to sweat and his white shirt sticking to his body.

With one final note he ends the tune with a last low key. His shoulders which were once tense relaxs. All his frustration and anger that he once felt due to some odds caused by someone he loathes, now seems drained out of his body and mind.

Feeling someone's presence outside the room he looks back. He shakes his head when he saw it was none other than the small stray kitten who roams around the campus.

Taking out his lunch box from his bag he walks near the kitten. Taking the small kitten in his hands, he gently rubs it's head. His lips stretched into a small smile when he saw the kitten smuggling more to him.

Wordlessly he puts the cat down and crumbs some biscuits which he had in his lunch. Spreading the biscuits on ground he watched the kitten eating it.

His eyes fell on the pink band around kitten's neck. Just by the color and design of band he knew who had put it. Rubbing kittens head one last time, he lifts up his bag and blazer from the floor and walked out of the room.

As he walked away from the room, a girl who was all along hiding behind boxes stands up and dusts her skirt down. Her soft gazed fixed on his retrieving figure.

She knew he would come here after the fight they had earlier. Her hands touched the head prefect batch attached on the pocket of her blazer.

She didn't wished to become the prefect at all. The reason why she participated every year was because he was the one who used to be the head but what she didn't knew was her friends had all the juniors bribed and made them vote for her.

She looked down at the kitten who is now rubbing itself on her leg.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

SWASTIK'S POV

I glared at the side of her head as I watch her struggle. Her eyebrows are frowned and lips formed in pout. She narrows her eyes and leaned back looking at the white board with concentration. Tapping black marker on the board she glanced at my side of board.

I stepped closer to her and bend down.
"Not good at physics anymore? Are we?" I whispered in her ear. An unknown shiver run down my spine as, accidentally my lips touched the soft skin of her ear. But I acted nonchalantly and kept looking in her eyes.

She nervously looked back at the board. My gaze shifted to her cheeks that looked flushed. Stepping back I wrote the final digits of my answer.

"I am done" I said to the professor. He nodded with a smile, even without checking he knew my answer couldn't be wrong. Turning back to the Kiara I again walked near her. Her hand stopped midway as she sensed my presence.

I scribbled the answer to question she was solving causing her jaw to drop. Ignoring the low cuses she muttered under her breath I walked back to my seat. Sitting at my usual seat beside my friends I took out my text book and started solving the next chapter.

"That's it for the class guys. Who so ever has yet not got the answer can come to me and who so ever is done can leave. Also your mid sem exam are close by so be prepared" professor said after few minutes

Many students walked out of class even when they haven't even started solving the questions while some surrounded sir.

"Swastik can you help me with this" A girl said blinking her eyes with a cloy smile on her face.
Why is she blinking so rapidly? Does her eyes have some problem?

"You can take professors help" I said causing her wide grin to flatten. Before her hand could touch me I stepped back and walked out of the class.

"Are you dumb or are you acting dumb?" Manthan asked putting his arm around my shoulder
I looked at him confusingly
"How could you reject Tina?" Keshav said shaking his head disappointedly but the glint of playful smile on his lips gave him away.

"Who Tina?" I asked
"The one who was hitting on you" Aarav said
"Who was hitting on him?" We looked behind to see Kiara standing, looking serious as ever

"Tina" keshav answered
She muttered something under her breath, glaring at Tina who walked out of class who winked at me as she walked out of class.
"Are you going to library?" Aarav asked
I nodded.
"Is he interested in her?" I heard Kiara as I walked away from there