- PROLOGUE -

•♥️♣️♦️♠️•

Prologue, "Where is everyone?"
S1; ep1

KANA TAKESHI is a 22 year old Lawyer. She's been taking care of her younger siblings Hanako and Takeo for years. She's always felt a need to take care of her siblings in the way their parents never could.

Neglection took its toll on the girl at the young age of 5.

Everyone would say the girl was so sweet, kind hearted, and quiet.

But with her mother— it was a whole other story.

Her mother tried her best to take care of Kana and Takeo even though they were 11 months apart.

She worked a steady job as a clinic supervisor. It did take some time and hard work, but she did it.

The woman was genuinely a nice person, someone you could surround yourself with.

But not for young Kana. No, she was constantly fighting for her mother's attention.

You see, her mother being the hard worker she is, hardly spent time with her children.

She always dropped them off at family friends until they were old enough to go to school.

Her brother, young and naive, loved their mother with everything in him.

But Kana grew a strong hatred for her mother. It wasn't that she sought out attention blindly, no. She knew her mother wasn't bad.

She just knew her mother wasn't fit to be a— mother.

Although she'd never told the young girl, she heard it enough from her mother's friends.

They never knew she had listened in. Which was a surprise considering how loud they talk.

"Can you believe it? Ara is taking care of not one, but two children she didn't plan for! I love her, but the woman needs to learn."

"I agree, Kana is so sweet but she's too quiet. Ara lucked out, but that Takeo is a menace! Just last week he broke my vase! He didn't even bother apologizing."

"Yep, Ara just doesn't know how to control her own children. Adoption is a thing you kn—"

"Hana! Stop it."

Little Kana didn't bother to listen anymore. Her eyes were glassed over and she was sniffling.

No child should ever have to hear that they're a mistake.

But children are like sponges, they soak up things and pick up on them.

So from that day on, Kana hated her mother.

She kept herself civil for her brother's sake, but when he was asleep, all hell broke loose.

"Kana! Stop with this incessant crap! I will not hear anymore. I'm the adult, non the less your mother, you are a child. I can do as I please."