CHAPTER 2

•♥️♣️♦️♠️•

Chapter 2, "You again?"
S1; ep4

KANA AND HANOKA were at their local library. They had decided to stay there. Kana thought it was best due to the fact most people would more than likely not think of going there.

The library has endless knowledge to share and you can use the useless books to burn for warmth.

They had brought over a mattress from one of the furniture stores; king-sized. They had placed it in a secluded area and placed blankets and pillows all over it.

Kana had made sure to look around for guns and weapons but could hardly find any.

She had made sure to visit a shooting range and luckily found a couple in the back.

There was little ammo though, which sucked, but they made it work.

In total, they had 2 semi-automatic glocks, and surprisingly an AK-47. They had about 35 rounds for the glocks and 125 rounds for the AK-47.

Now, that may seem like a lot, but an AK-47 is an automatic gun. This means it fires bullets fast, and 125 rounds won't honestly last.

"Kana!" The younger girl huffed when her older sister threw a particularly unfluffy and hard pillow at her. In response, she just whined while the other girl rolled her eyes. "It's time to join a new game. If we don't, we die."

At that, Hanoka stopped whining and her face dimmed at the realization of their new life. "So this is how it's going to be? Kill or be killed? What about Takeo."

Kana's face visibly hardens at the mention of their brother. "He might be dead, Hanoka. It's best to believe he is than hope he is alive."

A tear slipped past the younger girl's eyes as she angrily said, "Don't you dare say that! Ever. He's alive and breathing, and he is looking for us!"

Kana had to hold herself back from yelling at her younger sister.

She was losing her brother too. She'd just rather believe he is gone than live the rest of her life— this life, thinking and hoping he isn't.

"Whatever, Hanoka. We have to go. I don't have time for you to dilly-dally and get us killed. I can't bear the thought of losing you too.." Kana made sure not to look Hanoka in the eyes as she said that. She instead, chose to walk away and wait outside as she grabbed a gun.

When Hanoka finally entered the room after her, she instantly went for a gun as well. Kana caught onto what she was thinking and gripped her wrist before she had the chance to grab it. "No."

"Why not?"

"We only have three guns, I'd rather us have one gun a game just in case someone decides to take it."

Hanoka understands and doesn't push her sister further as she watches her walk out the door. She follows her sister as she grips her arm.

Kana doesn't turn to look at her as she too needs the reassurance that someone she loves and knows is alive...

KANA'S LEGS ACHE as they finally find a game to play in. Hanoka was the same, as she rubbed her calves and winced at the feeling of her feet on the verge of numbing.