CHAPTER 3

•♥️♣️♦️♠️•

Chapter 3, "The Beach?"
S1; ep5

KANA TAKESHI was with her sister in their new home. It was relatively quiet and no games were playing near which gave Hanoka a sense of comfort she never knew she needed.

Just knowing what was going on outside of their little bubble made her shiver and feel as if she could vomit.

Kana was the same but instead of vomiting it made her have a headache. All of this is causing her brain to strain. She is always thinking and it may be her downfall, but so far, it has been her best asset.

So she needs enough sleep and food to make sure she's healthy and her brain can think correctly without any hesitation. With her sister around it helps calm herself. She felt lucky she wasn't alone like Takao was.

It made her chest tighten at the thought of their brother in this new world. Alone with no one to turn to or to trust, but she has to think about Hanoka right now. It's better to believe he's dead rather than spend this time looking for a possible dead body.

Considering the amount of visas the two had won, Kana decided it was time to explore properly.

They had gone to a local store and grabbed running shoes and a pair of roller skates. Using roller skates puts significantly less stress on their feet and it was an easy way to get around without being too slow or fast.

Kana made sure to wear a backpack that had their gun safely hidden but easily accessible. She had put a first aid kit and two knives in the front pocket just in case Hanoka needed to fight.

She had gotten water bottles and filled them with as much water as they could find and spare. She had made sure to make a map of everything as well.

Hanoka was better at remembering things so that was her job. She was meant to keep an eye out for specific details that would deteriorate different places so they knew where they were in the future.

They had been gone for a while and had seen multiple frail people walking by. They seemed as if they had gone through hell. It became apparent that in this world, you might as well have.

The two sisters took consistent yet minimal breaks to ensure how much ground they covered.

What made Kana curious was some of the vehicles she saw passing by, all going in the same direction. That meant only one thing to her. Shelter.

She should've known a large sum of people would band together to form a new society. She just hoped it wouldn't be anything satanic.

Kana exchanged her and Hanoka's roller blades with their running shoes once they were forced to go onto the grass. It was an adjustment to go back to regular shoes and the height difference caused her head to be a bit out of it due to malnourishment.

They climbed some hills until they reached what seemed to be a hotel. It was almost nighttime and the darkness was beginning to cascade around them. The sun was faint but there, but apparently not enough as the hotel's lights were bright and gleaming.