Chapter 16

Inuyasha was a sweet child, perhaps a bit rambunctious, but adorable nonetheless.

The village where Kanjō took her brother and his mother was meant to be more secluded, more isolating, in hopes it would hide the hanyō, half human and half yokai, long enough for him to come of age. She visited discreetly, for with her father's death came a sudden doubt towards the rulers of the west in their reign, because her father was strong enough to curb those who dared to speak of their clan as weak and now that he is gone, the vassals are only left with doubt.

"Aniue-dono should be taking care of the court, this Kanjō shall stay some days longer."

The head of silver on her lap felt soft as she ran her fingers through his hair, her touch light and delicate, as if this would fade away at any moment. Yes, this was supposed to be a dream, her brother had long been grown up the last she saw of him.

"Mhm...." Inuyasha mumbled out in a daze, nearly asleep.

The world inside her dream was strange. There was no sight of Inuyasha's mother, the villagers that resided in the houses, nor....

Nor...what?

Something was missing...

But...it's right there-

On the tip of her mind.

Remember.

        Remember.

    Remember.

              Remember.

"Aneue, can you show me that sword dance again?"

Maybe she could remember later.....her dear little brother was more important right now.
__________________________

Enmu had half the mind to put Kanjō into a nightmare, to ensnare her mind with her worst memories, but maybe he felt a shred of kindness in the moment. Though, even he doubted it was kindness, people stay in their dreams longer the more it played into their desires.

The way she crumpled onto the train's roof was akin to falling snow, pretty yet somehow unreal. The demon picked her up casually, tossing her over his shoulder.

Muzan-sama surely would want this woman intact, if that strange sense of fascination mixed with fear from that odd memory was anything to go by.
__________________________

The sick man, the one who had entered Tanjirou's dream, was desperate for an escape from the pains of an incurable disease, so he thought it would be alright if others were hurt compared to his suffering. However, upon discovering Tanjirou's spirit, his ill intent became no more.

It was a warm, comforting place. Serene as a sunny day with the clearest water reflecting the skies, and little dwarves that were the incarnation of the slayer's kindness. These dwarves took him by the hand and guided the man to Tanjirou's spiritual core, yet in the face of what shined like the sun, embracing him in a warmth so gentle, he could do nothing but cry.

When Tanjirou had awoken, the man grabbed one of the shining dwarves and did not let go. The part of kindness he took now rested deep within his chest.

With a grim look on his face, Tanjirou declared to the others, "I'm sorry, I have to go and fight."

It didn't take more than a minute to knock out normal humans.

"You want to have happy dreams, don't you? I know that feeling....I wanted to keep dreaming too..."

The man didn't know how to react until Tanjirou turned towards him with a look of concern.

"Are you alright?"