CHAPTER 20 - Danger

Not long after Y/N said those words, Ashlyn's hearing senses picked up something, and upon slowly glancing forward she was then met face-to-face with the phantom. The two girls stared with shocked expressions witnessing the phantom's body disoriented while it stared deeply at them, as if staring straight into their souls.

"Ashlyn..." Y/N muttered under her breath, hoping for something to be said.

Horror and fear were expressed on their faces, as it then spun its head back into position. Its smile never left its face as it continued to stare down at the two.

"Not good!" Yelled Tyler.

"Ashlyn, Y/N!" Taylor exclaimed, her expression filled with worry and concern for the two girl's well-being. It's clear that she wanted to help in some way, however, knowing the danger it'll cost would be intense.

The phantom reacted quickly, its claw out ready to attack the two. Noticing this, a small gasp left the redhead's lips, which made the two girls act quickly on their separate course of action of moving out of the way. Y/N pushed herself back, and by using her two hands she got at a far distance for the phantom not to reach.

As for Ashlyn, she rolled herself over to the side, however, as she attempted to get away her two long braids remained in the way, giving the phantom an advantage as it grabbed a grip on them, yanking them back hard, which caused her to wince back in pain.

"Ashlyn!" Y/N watching the scene let out a gasp, her worry being evident as she called out her name.

At that moment, time seemed to be frozen, and watching all this unfold made her feel helpless. It didn't make it better as she felt her hands tremble. However, she knew she couldn't just stand by and watch all this happen before her eyes. Frantic, she thought of a way to help without getting near the phantom, as it would only result in her being hurt.

"Get the weapons!" Ashlyn yelled while holding the back of her hair to try and ease the pain, as expressed on her face.