CHAPTER 42 - Undescribable Sensation

It had been a while since Logan was left alone to warn the boy who was with Barron's group. As time passed in silence, the comforting sound of music in Y/N's ears helped to release any previous tension. After a few minutes, shouting could be heard, coming through the one ear that wasn't covered by the earbuds. Barron's voice sounded angry, but it was abruptly interrupted by a loud noise, which made her feel alert. She knew Barron wouldn't be angry without reason, so she believed. However, the fact that Logan was getting involved made her concerned.

Y/N thought "Logan," as she turned her head in the direction where Ashlyn, Ben, and Tyler were looking. Y/N took out her earbud and handed it back to Ben. She, Taylor, and Ben all stood up quickly, feeling concerned about all the shouting.

But when she turned her head, she noticed Ben quickly approaching to address the situation. And it wasn't a verbal confrontation, it was physical aggression. Y/N realized this was a bad sign and, in her role as Taylor, she tried to stop him from escalating the situation. Y/N knew that Ben had a temper, but she never expected him to resort to violence this quickly.

Ben quickly rushed over and reached out to one of the two guys holding Logan back. His large hand slammed into the red-haired guy's face, causing him to fall to the ground with great force, hitting the back of his head. Logan took advantage of the distraction and broke free from the remaining guy's grip, joining Ben in fighting off their attackers.

"Ben!" Taylor yelled as she tried to calm him down. However, she was interrupted when a girl with light purple hair grabbed Taylor's hair, causing Y/N to become alert.

"Who are you?!"

"Back off!" Y/N didn't want to resort to physical force because she didn't want to harm anyone. However, something inside her snapped.

"TAYLOR!" Tyler shouted as he ran towards her, but he was punched in the face by one of Barron's guys.

"TYLER!"

She was about to confront the random girl who attacked Taylor, but she was instead kicked in the stomach by the girl. Y/N had to take a moment to recover, but she did so instantly. She gritted her teeth in pain as she staggered back, holding her stomach. The adrenaline pumping through her veins fueled her anger, and she quickly regained her composure.

She could feel the anger boiling inside her, a primal instinct taking over. Y/N tried to push it down, to regain control of her emotions, but it was too late. The adrenaline surged through her veins, fueling her actions as she lashed out with a strength she didn't know she possessed. In that moment, all thoughts of restraint vanished as she unleashed a fury she never knew she had in her. The consequences of her actions would weigh heavily on her conscience, but in that moment, all she could focus on was the overwhelming need to protect herself and those she cared about.

"Knock it off!" Y/N pulled the light purple hair girl off, yanking her hair hard as she fell back holding her head at the force. She was breathing heavily and clenching her fist as she looked down at the girl who was slightly beaten. Y/N turned to her side seeing Taylor and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just my head-"

Taylor didn't have a chance to react as the girl kicked Y/N's knee, causing her to fall down. Taylor tried to help Y/N up, but she was also attacked. The girl took advantage of the distraction to get up from the ground and pulled Taylor by her hair, trapping her arm to prevent her from escaping.