New York State of Mind

As Lea was engaging with her group of friends and colleagues, she sees a man walking towards her, who could this stranger be? In a second, she knew the stranger who was wearing aviator sunglasses.

"Lea" He greeted her a beaming smile which Lea returned a smile herself.

Lea immediately ran to him and gave him the tightest embrace, "What are you doing here?" She asked him, she couldn't contain her excitement. Lea has missed this man, so much.

"Aga, what are you doing here? Why are you here?"

"Do you want me to leave?" He teased her as they both laughed.

Aga was holding on to her hand, he wouldn't let her go. He pulls her in another embrace, "I'm so happy you're here, Aga" she whispered to him.

"I've missed you, Lea" He kissed her temple and tightened his embrace.

But why are you really here, Aga? Lea thought as she was still in Aga's embrace, warming her up with the cold New York winter breeze.

May kailangan kang malaman, Lea. Aga thought as he smiled at Lea's beautiful face, her cheeks in a shade of a rose because of the harsh winter breeze. He continued to embrace her as they walked around Times Square.

■ ■ ■ ■

Aga joined Lea where she rehearsed for her upcoming Broadway show. He observed her, the way she talked amongst her co-actors and the stage crew.

Aga sees how busy Lea is, he doesn't want to approach her because he felt needy if he did. So he watched the entire rehearsal 'til the end.

"You're still here?" A man came up to Aga. He was a member of the stage crew.

"Yeah, I'm waiting for Lea" He answered.

"I'll tell Lea that she's got a good looking man waiting for her" The man said as he began to walk away.

Aga thanked him as he continue to wait.

■ ■ ■ ■

Finally, Lea finished. But Aga nodded off, he watched the crew clean up the stage. And he still didn't know where Lea could be at.

"Aga?" A beautiful sounding voice asked.

Aga groaned, "No. Five more minutes, an ganda pa kasi ng panaginip ko eh"

Lea laughed, "What could you be dreaming about ha?"

Aga smiled, his eyes open and meet Lea's beautiful eyes, "I was dreaming about you.."

She blushed, "Bolero ka talaga!"

"Not my fault na you were in my dream, ikaw kasi palitaw litaw sa isip ko kahit natutulog na ako" Aga smiled to her.

Lea didn't know what to say, she knew that she had to change the subject right away.

She wasn't prepared to see Aga at all, it was all a surprise to her.

"So, why are you really here?" Lea insisted Aga on answering her question once again.

Aga sighed, "I'm taking a vacation. For a month. Or less. Or more"

"Why?"

"I thought I needed it"

"Where will you be staying at?"

Aga smiled sheepishly, "Di ko pa Alan kung saan, naghahanap pa rin ako ng matitirhan dito sa New York? May alam ka ba?"

Tatanungin ko ba siya or hindi? Lea thought it through or at least she hope she did, "I have an extra room in my apartment, not too far from here. Gusto mo?"