0.5

primed for sin
chapter five
rewriting history

primed for sinchapter fiverewriting history

trost districtthe mess hall847

trost district
the mess hall
847

RENDEZVOUS WITH THE OTHERS— took place within the refectory; where steamy platters of mushroom soup, freshly baked bread, and cups of water were being served, buffet style. With the lack of sufficient space for livestock, meat is particularly scarce. Therefore, meals are morally vegetarian by nature and you're not sure if that outcome should be considered positive or negative; but this is what life has unfortunately come to. Donning on that realization, you become sorrowful whenever you aimlessly gaze upon the faces of the famish.

     These dejected looks are dismissed by Eren— who you've allowed to lead, hands interwoven as he hurriedly drags you to a corner table deep within the mess hall. Unaware of their surroundings, sit both Mikasa and Armin; shoulders slumped out of pure exhaustion, the intensity of today's events and drills taking a toll on them physically.

      "Guys— look," he calls for their attention, ignoring everything and anything else, with a sense of contentment lacing his tone.

Both parties pause their eating to tune in; and once you two got close enough, the atmosphere froze solid. There was a moment of silence that based the air, filling with an unexpected buildup of emotional distress. One reunion wasn't enough to prepare you for these incredibly intense feelings of bittersweet satisfaction. The first to break this stillness is Armin— who rushes out of his seat to greet you with a delicate embrace; those cerulean irises becoming misted with waterfalls of tears. He is followed by Mikasa— a minimalist at heart, who chooses to intertwine her fingers with your own. The emotional turmoil doesn't quite meet her onyx eyes, but the squeezing of her hand does.