Chapter 1

Hot shot is five years old. He lives with his parents Heatwave and Quickshadow. They all live in Fort Worth Texas. They all have a very good life there.

Heatwave his father is a firefighter. He is very brave and strong. He has helped save many lives in his line of work. He taught Hot shot the importance of fire safety. He also taught him how and when to call 911. Hot shot was very smart and understood very well. Heatwave is a very loving and loyal husband and father. He loves his wife and son very much. 

Quickshadow his mother is a pediatric oncologist who works at Cook Children's. She is very good at working with the different teams she works with in the hospital. She does a good job at taking care of her patients. She normally doesn't worry when Hot shot gets little bump, cut, scrape, or bruise, or a little fever due to being a doctor. However she does worry about some day her child would be cancer patient. Because she knew cancer was merciless and does care who you are, or what age you are and doesn't care otherwise. A few of the doctors said she worries too much and that would never happen. But there were some doctors who understood her fears. She is a very loving and devoted wife and mother. She loves her husband and son with all of her heart.

Hot shot has other relatives too. His father's parents are his grandparents. He calls the Pawpaw and Granny. They live in San Antonio Texas. They sometimes go and visit them. Sometimes his grandparents come to visit him. He loves them very much and they love him. He also has and aunt and uncle on his father's side. His aunt is his father's older sister, and his uncle is his father's brother-in-law. He has three cousins on his father's side too.

On his mother's side he also has grandparents. His mother's parents, he calls them Granddad and Grandmum. They live in London England. They sometimes able to fly over and visit them. Sometimes even they come over to visit by plane. He loves them very much and they love him. He also has an uncle on his mother's side. His uncle is his mother's twin brother. His uncle is an extremely wealthy man with many talents and abilities. He is also very generous and helpful too. 

There are also some family friends who are close too. Blades, Boulder and Chase have been like brothers to his father Heatwave ever since childhood. Hot shot calls them his uncles out of pure affection. They often do many things for Hot shot. Boulder made Hot shot a playset in the backyard of his family's house. Hot shot loves to play on it all the time. 

Hot shot is a highly active child. He loves to run, jump, climb and play. He loves to do sports too. Hot shot plays tee ball, soccer, martial arts and gymnastics. Hot shot also loved to ride his bike, roller skate, jump on his trampoline, and climb on the climbing bars of his playset. Hot shot is a very active child and loves to be active. Hot shot enjoys many other things too. Hot shot enjoys watching sports, animal shows, and Pokemon. Hot shot also has other favorite things like the color yellow and his favorite animal is a rhino. 

Hot shot has always been a very healthy child too. Hot shot has got several bumps, cuts, scraps and bruises. But it was normal with him being such an active child. He also sometimes got colds but he got over them really quickly. Hot shot never had to visit an emergency room which was a good thing. His parents were very happy to have such a happy and healthy child.

Life was good for the family. It was going well for them and they were very happy. They didn't think things would ever go wrong for them.

However in a heartbeat things can change. This change can sometimes help things get better and go really well for everyone. But other times this change can be very hard and it will not be easy to deal with. This type of change can either make you stronger or break you. Nor was something you could be prepared for either.

It was a morning is mid January. Hot shot woke up early in the morning, he noticed his lower left leg was hurting. It was hurting really badly. Hot shot was wondering what happened. He came into the dining room for breakfast. "Good morning," Hot shot said.