Back to reality

I felt numb but what felt like a mattress assisted the pain I felt on my bones comforting me. I opened my eyes and I found myself in a lovely decorated bedroom, there were floral curtains over the big window and a boudoir with pictures tugged on it. The mirror had tweety's stickers. There was a bookcase filled with crime stories and academic books of art and a big desk space that had plenty of art tools. I didn't try to move yet as I was taking in the space around me. It seemed to have nothing hostile therefore my heart was speeding up like crazy.

I stood up carefully, my phone was next to me and once I opened it I saw a tone of notifications from my sister. Liz, was my youngest twin and she lived now permanently in Duskwood as she is a forensic psychiatrist at the local police department while I was finishing my major in forensic chemistry. She knew I was around but she had no idea of my adventure in this town, she must be worried to death hopefully she wouldn't carry our dad all the way here too. There was no message from Jake...

Suddenly the memories started filling up my head, and then an explosion. Everything stopped there, the blank space on my memories got me hopeful, Jake was there, right downstairs. I stood up and despite the pain I raced there and saw Lilly laying on one couch with Dusty in her embrace while on the other couch there was Hannah and Thomas sitting and cuddling it. "Where's Jake?" I asked immediately scanning the place for his figure.

"You are awake finally!" Lilly exclaimed and stood up abruptly pulling me in a tight hug.

"We were worried." Thomas commented with a calm smile on his features.

"Let me not comment on that Miller" I barked as my arms slowly went around Lilly's figure, it was a bit painful to move, the hug though was relieving. "Lilly, where is he?" I asked, looking into her eyes. Her face looked much younger than on the photos.

"We- we kind of hoped you would know..." A foreign voice commented and my gaze fell on Hannah, the missing girl, the one who I saw so little as Bloomgate escorted her out of the mines.

"I- I remember us moving to the ladders to get out... And then an explosion..." I spoke up trying to dig in my own head. "That's all" I added and looked at her with a deep breath. "Give me your phone hannah." I spoke and simply took it without actually waiting for a permission. I knew her password and despite all the questions I wanted to ask her for now I wanted to find Jake.

"Jake, hey..." I texted from her phone but there was no response.

"Can I have my phone back, like its called privacy." Hannah smiled at me. \

"Oh sweetie, your privacy has been my privacy the past month if I am being sincere" I smiled at her and sat down at the couch. Lilly's space seemed so familiar to me.

"How come you were here?" Lily asked me as she sat next to me covering my lower body with blanket.

"My sister is an intern here so I was staying at her place." I explained with a smile " She is really worried... How long have I been out." I asked them with a sigh of relief that my sister replied, on my text without being mad.

"19 hours" Lilly smiled at me, I couldn't concentrate on her, my fingers typed into Jake's chat. The last text message was the I love you one. My heart clenched and I think it was apparent. "Do not worry. I am sure he is safe, just into hiding. He knows we are being watched." Lily pulled me in a light hug.

"You are right" I spoke and took a deep breath but she seemed shook.

"Is that a new phrase you learnt?" she asked me, her eyes shocked and pinned at me.

"Very funny." I eyerolled

"It actually is. It is also the first time this three words in this order come from you." Lilly added and Thomas laughed loudly.