Chapter 3

Jazmine's Perspective 

I've been sleeping on the couch for four days, and with that being said, I've been avoiding Dylan. anytime she comes my way, I go the other way. just thinking about her makes me go crazy. the thoughts of guilt and pleasure tend to haunt me.

what we did that night shouldn't have happened. I wasn't in the right mindset; I just wanted to clear my mind of the bullshit that happened between me and A'niyah. I love that girl like hell, and I wish she had done right for me. It seems like one day our relationship is amazing then the she turns around and do something to fuck everything up. 

it is what it is, you know

I sat at the island, scrolling on my phone while Jessica plated my food.

soon enough, Dylan walked into the kitchen, and it was like my mind and body disconnected. my brain told my body to be calm, but it did the opposite. Goosebumps rose on my skin, and I tensed up and got hot.

She kissed Jessica on the cheek. "good morning, ma."

"good morning, hun; you want something to eat."

"No, I'm good," she declined, glancing over at me, giving me this look. This caught me off guard.

"Alright, just let me know when you're hungry." Dylan nodded her head and turned her head towards me once again. her face read no emotion at all. this time I was able to look away and started messing with random ass apps to make it seem as if I was doing something. The whole time I'm freaking out.

Dylan said something to Jessica before leaving the kitchen

as she left, I felt her eyes just stuck on me. I let out a heavy sigh and started tugging at my ear. to relieve some stress. I was about to tweak out until Jessica called my name

"Oh Jazmine I  remembered what I wanted to tell you," She said  "Tomorrow my side of the family is hosting a party. It's nothing fancy, so wear something that you're comfortable with. We're just gonna drink, play games, and relax with the family," she explained to me as she moved around the kitchen. Didnt even ask me if I wanted to go or not but okay..

"Great, that sounds fun." I smiled. I really could have a drink after all the shit I have been through from the couple of days I have been here.

"Here you go, love," Jessica said, setting my food before me. I smiled, appreciative. I've started to love this woman already. She has been going out of her way to ensure I'm always comfortable.

After eating, I placed my plate in the sink and walked upstairs to A'niyah's room to grab a different shirt and return to the living room. When I opened the door, A'niyah's head jolted up.

"Hi," she softly smiled.

"Hey," I replied dryly

I grabbed my bag, finding a plain white tee to put on.

"Can we talk?" A'niyah asked, now sitting up.

"no," I said with no hesitation. I turned around, ready to leave the room

She quickly got up and ran to the door, blocking me off. She slammed her back into the door and looked up at me desperately.

"girl what the fuck move outta the way," i  mugged her. I tried to move around her, but it was no use. The only way I could move her was if we got to fighting. I'd hate to cause a scene.