So it Begins

Shailene Woodley is Mahogany Adams (pictured above)
Peyton Meyer is Grant Boyd (I'll picture him later)

Chapter One ~ So it Begins

So summer has finally began and I have waited so long to be free of teachers, homework and early morning wakings.

My clock struck 11:30 am and I figured I should get out of bed to at least get some food. I got up, unplugged my phone and walked to the kitchen to grab a bite of pizza from dinner last night.

I clutched my phone tightly as it started viberating, I read the message from Johnny, "Hey wanna hang?"

I looked up and seen my sister digging into the pizza box and replied to Johnny, "Nah, not today."

But I was really thinking, Eww. No way, not with you.

Johnny was on of the schools biggest players. He knew I didn't want anything to do with him, yet he still attempted to get my attention.

I sat my phone down as Bella my sister looked up at me and asked, "Hey have you heard from mom or dad lately?"

I looked at her puzzled, "No, remember they are to good for us? That's kind of why they bought us this apartment in Arkansas, so they don't have to take care of us and we are far away from Hawaii which is where they live."

She took the pizza out of her mouth, "I know but they haven't deposited the 1000 dollars into the bank account yet."

I turned to walk away but I heard Bella faintly yell, "Mahogany, what is today?"

I moaned, "It's Saturday, they deposit the money every Monday, calm down." I turned away and hurried to my room before she could say anything else.

I slammed my door shut, realizing I forgot all about getting some pizza. I didn't care I was just so aggravated that all Bella cared about was money from my parents. I actually thought that my parents should have been better parents and actually taught us about life, or at least wanted to be in ours.

I decided to just watch Netflix and cool down. Once I got settled and began watching 'Revenge of the Bridesmaids' my phone vibrated again.

This time it was Seth the man whore. He graduated from high school last year when I was a freshman. This year I'm a Sophomore and he is graduated. For some reason he is only into younger girls.

"Yo," The man whore texted.

"Hi?" I replied.

"Sup?" He asked.

"Not much, you?" I questioned.

"Same so you wanna send pics on snapchat?" The pig had made his move.

"Uhm excuse me? That is very disrespectful for you to ask. You're such a nasty pig, I would never send you anything or anyone for that matter. So Goodbye." I declared.

"Geez it was just a guestion," The whore had struck out.

I put my phone down after checking the time. It was already almost 1 and my movie was almost over. So I decided I need to get up and do something. I picked up my phone one more time and dialed Jasmines' number. She's my best friend but she is a year older then me so that meant she could drive me places. At times like this I was grateful she got held back in first grade and that she was 16 while I was only 15.

The phone began ringing, on the second ring she had answered.

"Hey come get me, please."
"I'm on my way, I'll be there in a few."

I hung up as soon as I saw her car pull out of her driveway from my window. She headed towards my apartment. I was lucky to get the last apartment, which meant we were one of the side ones. She lived three houses down from my apartment building, which I was so thankful for.

I met her down in front of the door.

"Get in Loser. We're going shopping!" Jay had quoted Mean Girls.

I shuffled my feet and got in her Purple Jeep and fastened my seat belt.

"Let's go to the Race Track!" She exclaimed.

"Okay, sure." I said. Even though I really wasn't up for the races.

She drove for what felt like forever until we reached the bright lights that had shined on the race track. She pulled into her favorite parking spot and we hustled out the car and to the ticket stand.

"Two tickets please!" Jay had pleated.

We were handed our tickets and we rushed to the crowd of rednecks sitting on the bleachers. The cars started there engines and my phone began vibrating non stop. My friend Madison was calling me, she races and usually wants me to meet her in the pits.

I answered the phone, "Hey Madison."
"Hey you wanna come to the pits, I have someone that wants to meet you." Madison stated. "Yeah, sure I'll be there in a minute." I ended the conversation.

"Hey Jay." I yelled over the engines roaring. "I am going to the pits, I'll a be right back." I stated.

"Okay I'm gonna stay here and watch the races." Jay screamed.

I grabbed my bag and walked down the bleachers and headed toward the pits. Madison had her kart pushed to the outside of her trailor. She was in her racing suit standing next to her boyfriend and her dad. As soon as I walked up everyone turned to look at me, I gave them a shy smile and a wave. Madison pulled Tyler her boyfriend and I to her kart.

"Hey! Tyler has a friend that wants to meet you, in fact here he comes now."

I began blushing and panicking.

"Mahogany this is Grant Boyd," Tyler stated.

I turned my head a little to the left and there he was standing beside me. From that point on, I knew my life was going to be changed in some way and some how. I had a strange feeling and I couldn't tell if it was a good or bad feeling, but I just knew that this wasn't going to be like anything I have ever experienced before, and so it begins.