Snarky

Chapter 7: Snarky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Pictured Above is Grants mom)

Grant wasn't in any rush to eat his donut, so I wasn't either. I swiped through the Netflix movies and quickly picked one. I decided on The Giver and Grant didn't even complain.

I laid back against the pillow and ate a donut with chocolate frosting. Grant bought 6 Glaze and 6 Chocolate. Only 4 glaze and 5 chocolate remained. Grant had glaze in the Crack of his lip and I didn't want to tell him because he would have been embarrassed. So I let it stay there, eventually he would lick it off or it would come off when he was drinking milk.

We were maybe 20 minutes into The Giver and Grants phone started vibrating like crazy. He pulled it off the charger and stuffed his fifth donut in his mouth. I took a bite out of my third chocolate donut as he began to answer his phone.

"Hello." Grant mumbled with food in his mouth.

"Grant Alexander, why did you not call me? Instead you leave a note." His mom was pissed.

"Mom chill I'm just at Sam's house." He took a deep breathe.

"Well let me talk to Sam." His mom was onto him.

"Okay give me a minute to wake him up." Grant covered the speaker of the phone.

"I need you to act like a dude named Sam, talk manly. My mom's name is Tammy. Talk to her." He threw the phone in my lap.

I put the phone to my ear. I heard his mom saying hello, hello. "Uh, yeah this is Sam." I made my voice rough.

"If this is Sam, what is my name?" She questioned.

"Tammy." I said without hesitation.

"Give the phone back to Grant, please." She huffed.

I gave Grant the phone and he talked to his mom for about 5 more minutes and then finally hung up.

"She sounds lovely." I smiled.

"She's just a little over protected, I'm adopted and she's been like that since I was 6." He shared private information with me.

"I want to meet her." I pleated.

"We technically aren't dating, not yet at least." Grant hesitated.

He has a point. Whenever he said that it clicked. We aren't dating we're just two kids hanging out and giving the ocassional kiss. The way he makes me feel has tricked my mind into thinking we were already dating, but at this rate I'm not sure if Grant wants to date me or just fool around with me.

I kept my space between Grant as we finished watching The Giver. He was capable of manipulating my mind and I didn't want to do anything I would regret later on in life. He reached for my hand, but I pulled away. He gave me a puzzled look. He could tell I was thinking, but I wasn't about to share my thoughts with him.

We finished The Giver and I turned off Netflix. Grant got out of bed and started gathering his clothes and began getting dressed. I pretended to be busy on my phone, so he wouldn't think I was watching him get dressed. He tied his black air max Nikes and threw his bag over his shoulder.

"I'll call you later, I better get home." He leaned down and kissed my cheek.

"Thanks for everything, Grant." I smiled.

He winked at me and walked out of my room. I laid still, and waited. Finally I heard the door shut and I relaxed. I shouldn't get too close to Grant especially if he didn't want me to discuss meeting his mom. I want to be in a serious relationship, but I think Grant just wants to be a player. I decide to turn on a new movie and distract myself away from my phone. I pull the covers to my chest and turn on my side. I should've been calling Jay and telling her everything that happened, but I couldn't make myself think or even talk about it. Not it, just Grant. He already consumed my mind enough and I was tired of it.

I finished about 2 movies on Netflix and it was only almost 4 in the afternoon. I've had a busy weekend so I decided to just take a nap.

My dreams were colorful. Grant and I danced and then, he crushed my spirit. Only because he wasn't ready to settle down. I should have saw this coming. I shook myself away and dried the few tears that streamed down my face. That was an awful nightmare and I trues everything to get my mind off of it.

I got out of bed and started straightening my hair. I put on navy blue shorts and a white shirt with my red and blue chacos.

I almost forgot my birthday, between all night with Grant and laying in bed all day. It just dawned on me that tomorrow I'm 16. Which means I should be expecting a surprise visit from my parents, only so they can buy me a car for my Sweet 16th! Also they'll brag about how they love the freedom to travel and how they "miss" us so much, but in all reality they don't even remember our middle names. My parents only visit three times a year, Thanksgiving, Christmas and birthdays.

I finish getting dressed and I lounge around on the couch. My phone is silent, I really need some friends.

Bella returned home later that afternoon and I could tell she was in a bad mood. I did my best to ignore her, but she kept picking fights with me. I turned over my phone and started scrolling through Instagram trying to ignore her ignorance. Eventually she stopped yelling, so I assumed she went to her room.

I locked my phone and starred into my reflection on the screen. I haven't heard from Grant all day, and it was actually breaking my heart. I knew not to get attached. I knew this wasn't a good idea. My phone started viberating and I was pulled out of my thoughts about Grant. It was my mother.

I let it ring a few more times, then I knew I had to answer.

"Hello Darling." My mothers voice made some shiver.
"Hey." I wasn't excited.
"Have I not taught you anything? Don't talk like you have no sense." She babbled.
"Okay, why are you calling?" I tried to hurry this conversation up.
"Well you're straight forward, now aren't you?" She took a deep breathe. "Anyways I'm calling with some disappointing news, honey."
"I'm not shocked." I smarted off.
"Do not sass your mother, I gave birth to you. We've made an online purchase with the car dealership and your keys will be in the mail tomorrow. Enjoy." She huffed.
"Wow, you actually remembered my birthday? Thanks I feel loved." I snarked.
"As you should. Drive easy and take care."
I hung up the phone as quick as I could.

I picked my sluggish self up off the couch and went into my room. I just slammed into my bed and I laid there depressed. Life isn't allows great for the "snobby" kids in school.

I wish Grant would just call me. I mention meeting his mom once and he freaks out. I really screwed up, I glared at my phone as I fell fast asleep.