Chapter Eleven

CHRISTIAN
KINGSTON

PLACING my lips against the cold glass, I sip a bit of champagne off my cut. I had a feeling I shouldn't distract myself by drinking tonight. I didn't know whether it was because something was off, or because the Mariano's are here tonight.

Yes.

At Lars club.

I don't fucking know what Damien thought while inviting them. However, Luciano did help him think of the arrangement he is proposing to Bridget tomorrow.

I glance towards my watch. Right on time. Luciano Mariano, the well-known silent King of Las-Vegas walking into the VIP section of our club. Beside him, his brother Damiano had a similar suit on, without the tie. They walked like they fucking owned the place. I wanted to crush their confidence with my own hand.

I fake a smile. "It's great to have you here." I stood up on que as Damien stood up. It's funny how Damien and Damiano have a similar name but they do not get along. It wasn't oblivious by the way they glared. Luciano was tolerable, his brother wasn't. It's the silence they give. They plan and calculate in their head with no expression. They bite with no bark. We bite and bark. That's the difference between Vegas and New York.

We all didn't bother to shake hands, soon, the night drifted to bits of drinking and discussing their new business that will be opened in New York.

I stood up, excusing myself to leave for the restroom. Big lie, I just wanted to get out of the crowd. It was boring. I hated the classy section of the club, I preferred the chaotic downstairs. I walk down the stairs, eager to meet with the havoc.

Until a fragile body collided on mine. That was similar hair, I noticed. Long, very long until the girl's hips, and the texture is familiar to straight-and-wavy. Especially the colour. Dark brown with few natural light strands.

You're shitting me.

I knew something was off. I always know when Valentina is involved. She always ends up being bound to me at the end of the day.

The girl looks up, and Valentina's blue eyes widen. "Didn't expect me to catch you, little stalker?" I loved teasing her by calling her little, as much as she wanted to grow, I would make her look little so I can set boundaries.

If I'm being entirely honest, I didn't care if she's legal now. Her age never bothered me. I could have had my way with her years ago when she tried to tease me, it's the little respect I have for her. She's stepping on the last patient I have bottled.

If her brother saw her here, she'd be fucked. He would've gotten mad, and as much as she deserved to be punished, I didn't want to see her cry or fight with her brother. I grab her by her hand and push her in the hallway that leads to many offices.

I tower over her body, slamming my hands on the wall. I didn't notice I was caging her until she looks up at me with those undeniably pretty eyes.

Even at this close a distance, her skin was flawless, like cream poured over silk. Long dark lashes framed deep blue eyes. I always thought they lacked spark, their shine, she needs the excitement. She'd always been stuck in her room writing, I almost felt bad for her. But honestly, I was glad she's under our watch and not ruining her innocent life with drugs or boys. I would've killed whoever tried to even touch her.

Innocent life. I almost laugh. If anyhing, Valentina Lars was the opposite of innocence. Maybe physically, but in that little head of hers, it was disturbing to even imagine. If anything, her shy, innocent demeanor for her family and delicate words are my daily dose of what makes me more insane.

"Let me go, Christian." She says.

I cock an eyebrow. "Too late, I can do whatever the fuck I want with you now." I would never.

"You would not." She tests.

I chuckle. "Why say so?"

Valentina shrugs. "Because you would die before even touching me. You pretend as if my skin is lethal," She whispers...in pain? "It's like you're scared to touch me, it's pathetic."

I crane my neck down to level my eyes with hers. This girl is going to reduce me to an animal with her. "I'm scared of touching you because you have no idea what I would do to you, Valentina." I spat. "I would break you into half, you'd be lucky if I only break." She's already broken. What can I do to something shattered into pieces? Nothing. Fix her. No.

Valentina looks at me in hatred. She could never hate me, it's just pretend to make her feel better. I want her to. I need her to hate me.

"I'm not the man for you, Valentina. Give up." I whisper, silencing her weak protests laced on her features. Her mouth audibly clicks shut, and this time I don’t bother restraining the smile.

"Then you're going to watch me get the man for me." She scowls.

I move away from her. "Sure. I'll kill him while making you watch." I growl, calming myself before speaking again. "How about you go home and go sit on your desk to write.

Valentina pushes her body away from mine, her back turned to me as she walks out of the hall. Not before saying, "Glad to be the type of girl who'd love to watch you kill a man for me. It's cute."

I lick my lower lip. Crazy girl.

Until I walk out, going back down the stairs and finding Valentina wrapping her hands around some blonde boy's torso as he leans in to kiss her. Fuck no.

I immediately grab him by the nape of his neck and push him to the ground.

There's no way she's losing her first kiss to some blonde guy who probably doesn't even know how to finger correctly. If she's losing her first kiss to someone, it has to be me. End of discussion.

Calm down. She isn't yours.

Shut the fuck up, she was always mine.

And then I started killing this little boy with my bare hands. Ironically, she didn't even try to stop me like the good girl she claims herself to me. She watched me kill him while crossing her arms and leaned against a pillar.

She loves this game.

I'll make her hate it.

_____