Chapter 15

DRAMA SUGGESTIONS? ANY SCENE YOU WANT TO SEE?

MIKE'S POV

       It had been a week since I and lyon spoke and I was honestly confused. There wasn't an argument or some shiit, but we just didn't talk.

       In literal terms, lyon's been avoiding me since our our game on Sunday. Funny because he was the one that suggested we hung out and nagged on about not letting things get awkward between us.

          Many times I would stop him when I caught him in the hallway, but he would just awkwardly turn and go back inside his room so I eventually stopped trying.

.      To be honest, I preferred when we were always bickering, at least then I knew what was going through his head.

        The guys on the team had also been very curious with what was going on between lyon and I. We had moved from bickering to Lyon totally avoiding me.

      James was the most suspicious, and had always asked what was going on. To be honest, I didn't know too. I had just told him the half truth just to get him off my back- we cleared things off after the party but weren't best buds yet.

       School had just ended, and I and the entire team were all gathered in the court as coach said we were having practices today.

     We'd won in the inter schools competition, so we would be representing our town for states and needed to start practicing asap.

       We had gathered in the court but coach was no where to be found. The guys started whispering among ourselves about where coach could be, while James quietly sneaked up on me hugging me from the back.

     I laughed and turned to face him.

        "What?"I questioned glancing back at him.

        He smilled sheepishly, "oh nothing, I just wanted to confirm a theory" he replied staring at the distance and I followed his eyes leading to Lyon who was staring at us from a corner.

      I pushed James off me and rolled my eyes at him. "Can you just drop it?"

       He laughed dryly, "No can't do my friend. Not until I find out what's actually up with you two" he patted my back and left to go back to his spot.

          A few minutes later, coach came in looking like he'd been running. "I'm sorry guys, I had an emergency. I had to rush back here to meet you guys" he apologized and some of the guys nodded sympathetically. He glanced around at all of us.

   "Where is Williams?"

      "He said to tell you he couldn't  make it" Lyon answered standing up.

        Coach nodded and sighed, "in that case, Lyon please take care of the team. I have to be somewhere else" lyon nodded in response. "I have good news too. You guys have been selected to represent our town for the state competition" We all cheered and high five'd each other.

       "Most importantly, college scouts could be there so do your best and you might be given a scholarship to one of the best basketball academy in this county"

       We all exchanged excited glances as he sighed rubbing his head. "I'm heading out now. Lyon, it's over to you" he gestured at Lyon who was strolling towards him.

      Coach picked up his bag and practically ran out of the court, the  whispers about what it could be about filling the court as Lyon took charge immediately.

         "Hey guys!" He called out, "let's do some warm up exercises before we start" he said and we all obliged taking  random positions in the court, starting exercises as Lyon led.