27

SMUT CONTINUES

Ice freezes over everything except the bed as I reach my high. "Shit." 

That knot of pleasure builds to a breaking point as he takes me to the floor, and finally, I have all of his weight as he drives into me. Shadows fall away and the sight of him above me, his dark gaze locked on mine in intense concentration, is the most beautiful sight I've ever seen.

"So. Very. Beautiful." I punctate each word with a kiss.

He draws back, his eyes searching mine for a heartbeat or two before he devastates me with another kiss that has me straining for more, rocking my hips against his. This man kisses with his whole body, rolling his hips in time with the thrust of his tongue, bracing just enough of his weight so I can breathe while stroking his chest over my hypersensitive nipples. He keeps me on the same edge he's riding, and I don't know how much longer I can take it before I set this entire room on fire.

"I need...I need..." My frantic eyes search his. Where are my words? 

"I know." He claims my mouth again and reaches between us, using those talented fingers to stroke me into another orgasm, and pink mist flashes again, followed by  darkness as I come apart under him. Pleasure takes me in waves, rolling through me again and again until all I can do is clutch Xaden's shoulders and ride it out in blissful surrender. "Beautiful," he whispers.

The second I come down, his rhythm breaks, and he presses my knee up toward my chest and takes me even deeper. I rock my hips up to meet his, sweat beading on our skin as I watch him unravel with rapt fascination. I love his loss of control just as much as I fear my own, and when I swirl my hips, he groans, arching his neck as he thrusts once. Twice.

On the third, he shouts, then shudders within me, and his power lashes out in streaks of shadows, the force splitting the wooden target on the other side of the window. Pieces fly and Xaden throws out another wave of darkness that lasts just long enough to shield us from the debris. Then the shadows retreat and daggers clatter to the ground behind me.

He looks as shocked, and as enthralled, as I feel as we lay there, staring at each other, our chests heaving in the aftermath of what can only be described as complete and utter madness. "That was..." I didn't even get the man's pants entirely off, and my dressing gown is haphazardly hanging from one shoulder.

"Frighteningly perfect." He cups the side of my face. "We should get you cleaned up and to sleep. We can worry about...your room tomorrow. Ironically, your bed is the only thing we didn't wreck."

I sit up to confirm that the bed made it, and Xaden does the same next to me, leaning forward. Immediately, I lose interest in everything but the muscled lines of his back and the navy-blue relic Sgaeyl transferred to him.

I reach out and trace the dragon relic on his back, my fingers lingering on the raised silver scars, and he stiffens. They're all short, thin lines, too precise to be a whip, no rhyme or reason to their pattern but never intersecting. "What happened?" I whisper, holding my breath.

"You really don't want to know." He's tense but doesn't move away from my touch. . 

I look around. " Did I-" 

" Freeze everything?" Xaden chuckles. 

"That was..." I didn't even get the man's pants entirely off, and my clothes is haphazardly hanging from one shoulder. Frighteningly perfect." He cups the side of my face. "We should get you cleaned up and to sleep. We can worry about...your room tomorrow. Ironically, your bed is the only thing we didn't wreck."

I sit up unfreeze everything, and Xaden does the same next to me, leaning forward. Immediately, I lose interest in everything but the muscled lines of his back and the navy-blue relic Sgaeyl transferred to him. I reach out and trace the dragon relic on his back, my fingers lingering on the raised silver scars, and he stiffens. They're all short, thin lines, too precise to be a whip, no rhyme or reason to their pattern but never intersecting. "What happened?" I whisper, holding my breath.