Chapter 3

Chapter 3

[Julie]

   I can't understand Ethan, or what goes in his mind, the guy hates me, and I hate him, I'm pretty sure he knows that, so why make the deal, why does he want anything to do with me, this makes no sense no matter how I look at it, is he testing me, or he wants to humiliate me, I mean I can't guaranty that he won't tell a soul, even if I agree to the deal, but I don’t have a choice, not agreeing to the deal is a big risk that I won't take.

  After standing there for good five minutes just thinking this over, to the point I'm sure steam was coming out of my ears, and I am sure I was planning to stand there longer if it weren’t for Raya passing by and greeting me.

  I walked to me locker, and yanked it open I started looking for my math book, but I was so out of it, I was just standing there looking inside my locker.

This is not a rainbow story with a happy ending, why did I let him get away with the deal, I know I could have done something more than that, so why in god's name did I simply agree to it, what made me so sure that he wouldn’t tell to the point I agreed to his stupid terms.

I kept running back and forth in my own thoughts that I wasn’t paying any attention to what was happening around me, until something jumped in front of my face.

''Julie... earth to Julie'' Hailey was waving her hand in front of my face, I flinched away when I saw her standing next to me, my heart was about to jump out of my chest.

''Hailey! Don’t sneak on people! I almost had a heart attack woman, are trying to kill me!'' I told her, placing a hand on my raising heart.

''I'm not sneaking on you women, I've been standing here for an hour calling you but you weren’t answering'' she told me throwing her hands up in defense.

''Okay Hailey, no need for exaggeration'' I noticed Paige standing next to her rolling her eyes at Hailey.

''Okay, okay maybe for ten seconds, but that’s not my point! You were spacing out'' she looked at me with her green eyes like I've committed a crime.

Oh boy, I do not like where this is going.

 ''So…?'' I told her, but Hailey narrowed her eyes.

''It's not like you to space out, ther…'' she frowned like she was trying to solve the hardest math problem ever, after few moments of silence she gasped ''are you in love?!!'', here we go again, I let out a sigh. I grabbed my book, and slammed my locker, but not with too much force to attract attention.

I turned around and started walking, and I was sure both of them were following behind me.

''Hailey, do I look like someone who would fall in love?'' I told her, bored of this subject already.

Paige smirked ''nope'' she answered for Hailey who was now glaring at her.

''What?'' she asked, shrugging.

''It's true, the way she is now, she will never fall in love'' Paige continued.

''But she can't stay like this for ever, and she won't, someone will come and change her, he will be her knight'' she said in her dreamy voice, she even let out the long dreamy sigh after her statement.

It sounded like she knows it would happen for sure.

Me and Paige started chuckling silently, not wanting to get on her bad side.

And trust me, you never wanna get on her bad side.

''Hey don’t laugh! I'm sure it will happen, and when it does, we'll see who will be laughing'' she folded her arms and shook her head, making her light brown hair fall on her shoulders, she was sulking like a five year old kid, we laughed harder. When I could stop laughing I informed her.