Chapter 27

(Charlie's POV)

For the next week after I ended it with Drake, I distract myself by getting some basic things together for college.

I decide to go to the café and look over the Harvard website. I decided that that's where I want to go. I sit down, sipping on a double chocolate chip frappé. I type away at my laptop, looking at the dorms and the room setups.

Someone walks in and on instinct, I look over. Drake walks in with some people from school and I sigh, keeping my head down.

One of the guys walks over and claps a hand on my back lightly. "Hey, beautiful, we haven't seen you in a while," He says. I recognize him as Ryan.

"Hey, Ryan," I say, smiling up at him. I look over at Drake who has his palms against a table, leaning over it. His face is red with anger.

"How you been? Did you get your applications back?" He asks.

"Yeah, I got into Stanford and Harvard. How about you?" I desperately wish he would leave.

"That's amazing, Charlie! I got into Georgia Tech," Ryan says.

I smile at him, "That's great. Life moves fast, huh?"

"Yeah, it does. It was good seeing you, Charlotte." Ryan hugs me from the side and then goes up to the counter with the rest of the guys.

I sigh, gathering up my things. I walk out, putting my things in the backseat of my car. Before I can get into my car, Drake stops me. "Charlie, wait."

I spin, taking in a breath, "Drake, hey."

"Uh, how are you?" He asks carefully.

"Um, I'm okay. I, uh, I gotta go."

I try to get into my car, but he stops me. He spins me around and pins me up against the car. His hands find my hips and I sigh, looking away from him.

"Drake, please," I whisper.

"Just tell me to stop, baby, I will." His familiar words cause a shiver to travel up my spine.

Drake nudges my neck to the side gently. His lips find my neck and I can't stop the moan that escapes my lips. "Drake," I breathe.

"Just tell me," He mumbles.

My body is on fire as his hands find their way across my body.

I give in.

My hands tangle through Drake's hair and I sigh. "I'm gonna miss this Drake. I'm gonna miss you," I say.

"It'll be okay, baby, I promise."

"Please don't promise something you don't know for sure will happen," I say.

"It will be, baby, it will be."

His lips find my neck again and I sigh, moving my neck for him to get more access. My body heats up even more. "Drake we can't do this," I sigh. "We ended things."

"That doesn't mean anything, baby. Come on, my parents aren't home. Let's go have a little fun, yeah?" His voice is thick with lust.

I sigh, giving in. I hurry into my car and Drake scurries to the other side. Drake slides his hand down my thigh and I sigh at the feeling. "I'm driving, Drake, please."

He rubs me through my jeans and a moan escapes my lips. I throw my head back, trying to keep my eyes focused on the road.

We finally pull into Drake's parent's house and we can't get out of the car fast enough. Drake flies up the stairs and I follow him, laughing.

He slams the door behind me, pinning me against the wall. His touch ignites fire on my skin and I sigh. "God, I love you," Drake says.

I don't respond. It would only hurt him and I even more. I let Drake take control as he lets a dominant side take over. He throws me to the bed and I gasp.

He crawls on top of me, slowly beginning to take his clothes off. "Damn, you're so beautiful," He says.

I lie down next to Drake when we finish. I'm completely exhausted, but I feel great. "I don't want to leave you, Charlie," Drake whispers.

"You have to. That's life, baby. I'm gonna miss you horribly, of course, but we just have to move on. There's nothing we can do about that. We can try to keep in touch, but that's all we can do. You understand that, right?" I feel like I'm explaining something to a child, but I want to be easy with him.

"It doesn't make it hurt any fucking less," He says.

I sigh, turning away from him. Drake instinctively turns the same way and pulls me closer to him. Our naked bodies press against each other and I sigh. "I love you," Drake says.

I don't respond. "Charlie, please, tell me you love me. I know you do, but damn, I have to fucking hear it. God, please, Charlie."

I sigh, still not speaking. Drake nuzzles his head in my neck sighing, "Please, baby." His voice cracks and I turn around, facing him. I stare into his eyes, looking for the emotion.

I can see tears brewing in his eyes and I place my hands on his cheeks. "I love you, Drake." I kiss his nose. "I love you, Drake." I kiss his cheek. "I love you, Drake." I kiss his other cheek. "I love you, Drake." I kiss his chin. "I love you so fucking much, baby." I kiss his lips.

Drake kisses me back, a frown covering his face. Him and I sigh in unison, putting our foreheads together. I turn around and let him wrap me in his arms again.

Soon I'm drifting off to Drake's steady breathing.

When I wake up, I slide away from Drake quietly. I put my clothes on, making sure I don't wake Drake up. After checking to make sure Jessie isn't here, I walk out, leaving Drake behind. I feel bad because his ride was at the café.

Nonetheless, I get in and drive back home. I sigh and get out of my car, running up the stairs to my half packed room. To pass the time, I begin packing some more of my things. There's only a few things left that I can possibly pack before I need to find something else to do.

My phone buzzes and I take it out of my pocket, staring down at it. I deleted his number, but I still recognize the number as Drake's.

I really wish you would stop leaving me.

I sigh, not responding. A few minutes later I get another text.

I also wish you would stop ignoring me.

I can't help but smile. Instead of responding, again, I put my phone back in my pocket.

This is going to be so hard.

--

an update for my best friend maddie (: