Chapter 34

(Drake's POV)

We're all sitting down, prepared to open gifts. I'm behind Charlie, my legs on either side of her. I have her enveloped in my arms and I'm tracing random patters on her arm. Her head rests against my chest and I sigh, loving that everything is exactly how it should be right now.

"Let the kids go first," My mom says. Charlie and I sigh, rolling our eyes. We look at each other and laugh. The rest of the group stares at us in curiosity. We just smile at each other, not breaking eye contact. "Well, if you two are done eye raping each other, start opening gifts!" My mom chirps.

"Eye raping, mom? Really?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow at her.

She laughs, shrugging. A bunch of presents are passed around and I open mine agonizingly slow, teasing everyone. "Hurry the hell up, Drake," My mom snaps.

I laugh and open the gift.

When we finish with opening gifts, we part our ways throughout the house. There's two more days left of this trip and I'm already getting upset about that.

Charlie and I lay back in her bed, sitting in silence. "Thank you, for my gift," Charlie says.

"Thank you for mine, beautiful," I say, kissing her head. She sighs, snuggling closer to me.

(Charlie's POV)

I'm going to miss Drake so much. It was really hard the first time and I really don't want to go through that again. "I don't want to go back," I mumble.

"I don't want to either. If I could, I'd spend the rest of eternity with you," Drake mumbles back.

I snort, "Yeah, right."

Drake suddenly sits up, his eyes wide. "Shit," He breathes.

"What?" I ask, staring at him.

"Spend the rest of eternity with me," He says.

"What? Drake, you're not making any sense," I say, frowning.

"Marry me," Drake says excitedly.

I stare at him, my eyes wide. "What?" I whisper.

"Marry me, Charlie," Drake says, grinning.

"Drake, we're so young, we're still in college. You can't be serious," I say, frowning further.

"I am. I'm beyond serious. Charlie, after college, after another four years, marry me. If we're so worried about not being together, this will give us something to hope for. Marry me after college, Charlie."

I stare at him, bewildered. "You must have had too much wine earlier. Lie back, Drake, get some sleep," I tell him.

"Screw that. Charlie, I'm serious." We're both standing now and I'm pacing, my brain running a mile a minute. "Marry me, Charlie," He says.

"I can't do that, Drake!" I shout.

"Why? What are you so afraid of?" He shouts back.

I lower my voice now, "I'm afraid of commitment. I'm afraid of waiting four years to be with you and you come home with another girl," I mumble.

"Charlie, if I wanted anyone else other than you, I wouldn't have waited to see you again. I would have brought someone home. It should be you that I need to be worried about," Drake huffs.

"What, why?" I snap.

"Because you brought that asshole Nathan back here," He snaps back. I look down, avoiding his eyes. His fingers find my chin and he lifts my head to look at him. "Listen to me, if after four years, we don't care about each other, fine. We won't do it. If we still do though, take a chance Charlie, please."

"You really have that much faith in our relationship?" I mumble, searching his eyes.

He doesn't hesitate before he responds, "Of course I do. I wish you would have the same." His fingers fall from my chin and I sigh, looking away.

After a few moments of silence, I speak, "Yes."

Drake looks over at me, his eyes wide. "Yes?" He asks.

I nod, "Yes." I grin from ear to ear and Drake pulls me to him, spinning me around. I laugh, holding on to him. We finally stop, breathless.

"I love you so fucking much, Charlotte," Drake says.

"I love you so fucking much, Drake," I say. He chuckles and we walk over to the bed, lying in each other's arms.

The next morning, Drake and I decide to keep our secret between us. I woke up before him so I headed downstairs to see my mother cooking. "Are you and Drake okay? We all heard you guys shouting," She said, a frown covered her face.

"We're great," I said, grinning. "Better than great." My mother smiled and continued to cook.

A few minutes later, Drake walked down and sat next to me, kissing the side of my head. We're now waiting on my mom to finish breakfast.

There's something about Drake this morning. He seems more at peace and calm than usual. Last nights events continuously play in my head as I think about it.

"What do you all plan to do today?" Jessie asks, walking into the kitchen.

"Charlie and I are spending the day together," Drake says, smirking.

Jessie smirks back, wiggling her eyebrows. I blush, looking away.

Apparently Drake made plans to take me to see a movie, go to the park and then eat dinner. We're at an Italian restaurant right now, laughing.

We finally calm ourselves and without word, the mood shifts to seriousness. "I have to leave early tomorrow morning. I have an afternoon class," I mumble, looking down.

"I know," Drake sighs.

We stare at each other, communicating without the need to actually speak. "Thank you, for everything today. For everything you've ever done for me," I tell Drake.

A grin plasters across Drake's beautiful features, "You're welcome, baby. I'd do anything for you." My heart swells as he take my hand across the table.

Just then, two middle school looking girls walk by, making hearts with their hands. "O.M.G. hashtag goals," One says, grinning. They walk away, giggling. My eyes go wide.

"I didn't know we were supposed to speak hashtags," I say, keeping a straight face.

Soon we both burst into a fit of laughter. "Well, it's nice to know people think we're cute together," Drake smirks, wiggling his eyebrows like his mother did this morning.

I laugh at the action, shaking my head at him.

"Come on, let's get out of here," Drake says, sticking out his hand.

I take it and we walk out, hand in hand.