Chapter 30

(Charlie's POV)

It's been two days that I've been here without Nathan and I'm actually enjoying a little bit of space. I'm two days closer to seeing Drake and I'm starting to feel excited about it.

I think that without Nathan around, I'm able to think about Drake and not feel bad. I like Nathan, of course, but being with him all the time makes it hard to think about Drake. In order for me to move on, I feel like I need to think about it.

It sounds stupid, but it's how I feel.

I sip on a beer in my dorm room, watching the television. "You really shouldn't be doing that in the dorm rooms," My roommate says.

"Fuck off," I slur. She laughs, knowing I'm joking with her. She's learned to live with my sarcastic humor.

I continue sipping on the beer, having nothing better to do. Nathan is coming back in two days and I'm worrying about seeing him again. I've liked having some time to myself and I don't want him to get clingy.

I shake the thoughts from my head and turn to my roommate. "Hey, Cass, what do you think of Nathan?" I ask her, cocking my head.

A blush rises to her cheeks and she looks down, "He's okay," She says, shrugging.

"You like him, don't you?" I ask her bluntly.

"I'm sorry, Charlotte," She sighs.

I laugh, "It's fine. I understand. As long as you don't try anything, we're good. Admire from afar," I say.

She nods, laughing.

I spend the rest of my day, sipping on beer and talking to Cassie.

It's my last day of Nathan not being here. Technically I only have two hours left. He's supposed to be here at 11. I spend the morning rearranging my side of the dorm.

I fix things and change them, then change them back to how they originally were. I change them again and then finally decide to leave it how it is. Just as I'm finishing, there's a knock at the door.

I open it and see Nathan there. I throw my arms around his neck, grinning from ear to ear. He sighs, melting in the hug. His arms wrap around my waist, squeezing me tightly.

His hand rests on the back of my neck and his fingers mess with my hair. I grin, loving the feeling. "I missed you," He says.

I smile, "I missed you, too."

He walks in and we lay back on my bed, cuddling. "How was your thanksgiving?" I ask him.

"It was pretty good. The food was great," He says. "What did you do?" He asks.

"I just drank a little. I wasn't really into the whole going out and eating thing," I say, shrugging. His fingers trace patterns over my arm as he pulls me closer to him.

"Well that doesn't sound all that fun," Nathan says.

I laugh, "With the way I used to drink, it was nice to get back into it."

"Used to drink? What do you mean?" He asks, frowning.

"Well, it wasn't super bad, but I've had my hangovers," I laugh.

"I never would have thought," He says, laughing.

"Yup, that was me," I say. My mind goes to Drake and my insides twist uncomfortably. I think about all of the things we used to do together and a soft smile forms on my lips.

"Are you sure you want me to come for Christmas?" Nathan asks.

I nod, "Yeah, of course." Actually, I wouldn't mind if he stayed here. I wouldn't want Drake and him getting into a fight or something.

"You don't think it's too soon for the whole meeting your family thing?" He asks.

I laugh at him, "Are you trying to back out on me?"

"Yup, that's exactly what I'm trying to do," He says sarcastically. I laugh at him and snuggle closer to him.

Nathan and I spend the next week and a half together. "I'm leaving. I'll call you in a week," I tell Nathan. I'm going to the beach for a week, just to get away. Our class is out early so students have the chance to get home or even go wherever they're going to celebrate.

I decided to go to the beach with Cassie for a week. Nathan waves us off and we start the few hours drive to the beach.

When we get there, Cassie and I go to the beach house we rented. "Oh my gosh, it's beautiful," I breathe.

"This is going to be so damn fun," Cassie says. My eyes go wide at her language. "Shit, we're not in school, I don't need to worry," She says, laughing.

"People curse all the time in school," I say, laughing. She shrugs and we lug our bags up the steps to the front door. I open it with the keys and we step inside. "Shit," I say, looking around.

"Wow," Cassie breathes.

"There's two master bedrooms. Do you want the one on the first or second floor," I ask her.

"I'll take the first." She smirks at me and I groan, knowing I'll have to lug my things upstairs. She laughs as I struggle. When I finally get up there, I set my things down, looking around.

The room's theme is black and white. The carpet is white and the bed has a black bedspread. The dresser's are black. I walk into the bathroom and it takes my breath away.

It's huge. There's a tile shower and a beautiful bathtub. The sink is granite and the cabinets are a dark wood. It's amazing. I'm really going to enjoy this trip.

The first night that Cassie and I are here, we go to a restaurant bar and eat there. I order a steak and fries with a potato. Cassie gets the same.

"This is amazing and it's only been one day," Cassie says, grinning.

"I should move out here," I joke.

Cassie laughs, shoveling food into her mouth.

I wave a waiter down. "Can I get a margarita?"I ask. The waiter looks at me funny, but walks away, nodding.

"Thank you for agreeing to come with me," I tell Cassie.

"Oh yeah, of course. This is going to be totally fun," Cassie grins.

I nod agreeing. The waiter bring me my margarita and I sit there, sipping on it.

--
I'm going to start updating every other day now, just to let you guys know. And there's only a few chapters left so we will be coming to a close soon! (: