Ch 19 - There is no god

Warning : Slight gore
Also hi, been a while. Was kinda stuck on where to write and lost motivation a little bit. But I'm back and determined to finish what I started.

"It's clear! We have to go now!" Wu-Jin yelled, breaking me out of my trance. I turn the sling to my chest and threw my duffle bag in my back like a backpack and covered Haruki's mouth to quiet her down. I quickly darted to the door and ran out the room, hardly waiting for anyone behind me.

As I ran up the stairs my mind was blank and my legs felt weak. I could only hear my heart beating out my chest. I have to run, even if it kills me. I have to protect my Haruki...

Gwi-Nam's Pov:

"Hey Chickenshit, you're gonna stay here while I grab your sister, got it?" I huffed and smacked Myeong-hwan in the back of the head. Myeong-hwan trembled as he slowly nodded his head.

"You better bring her alive." Myeong-hwan whimpered as he held his broken arm. The skin was twisted and shredded from me forcing the bone back into his arm, which was now at an unnatural angle.

"You're lucky I even kept you alive..." Gwi-Nam grumbled.

Dammit dammit dammit...

Y/n is never gonna forgive me after getting her friend killed...

It wasn't even my fault!!!

Myeong-hwan grunted as I yanked him further into the hallway.

If I give her Myeong-hwan she has to forgive me!

Your Pov:

The more I ran, the more Haruki started to fuss. The constant shaking and bumping would make her blow any moment.

Please don't... please don't

She yelled and suddenly a zombie lunged at me knocking me against a window and cracking it. "FUCK, there are stragglers!" I shouted and grabbed the zombie by the throat.

It growled and snapped its teeth at me with its arms flailing. I grunted and tried to push it off with brute strength only to get slammed against the window, cracking it more.

Haruki cried harder as the zombie flailed its arms and aggressively hit her.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!

I yelled and pushed the zombie back. As I pushed it back a bit, another zombie ran up the stairs pushing against the zombie.

I yelled as the force of that impact finally made the window give, and I fell through it.

Shit! Shit! Shit! Grab something! Grab something!

Crunch!

The ground stopped nearing and there was a sharp pain in my wrist.

I looked up to see that I had grabbed onto the windowsill with a hand. My wrist turned a little too much when I grabbed it on instinct and fell at an angle. My blood dripping from the glass shards that I held with a death grip.

I tilted my head with furrowed brows and I glared at my wrist. Haruki let out choked sobs and I forced myself to grab onto the windowsill with my other hand. The sharp glass piercing my skin.

Please... stop crying... if there is a god, please... please... just this one thing... just throw me a bone for once in this pathetic life!!!!

Haruki, however, she didn't stop. She continued to cry and there was no way for me to comfort her.

...There is no god...

I look around as I dangled from the window. Zombies swarmed the ground where I was and I could hear zombies in the building.

I decide to pull myself up and peek over the window. Zombies ran and I quickly duck again. I tear up with a sigh, "fuck"

Zombies down and inside... I'm going to die out here...

I close my eyes and I think back to laying down with Hee-su...

It was night and everyone was asleep except for me...

I just stared at her...

My first friend, the first person to look at me with love...

She looked so pretty when she was asleep...

Even when we were all covered in dirt and sweat, she was still so pretty...

That night I wrote the note about leaving to get medical supplies...

Before I left I remember looking back at Hee-su...

I don't know why, but I kissed her head before I left.

A small kiss for my precious Hee-su

I opened my eyes to silence. Haruki had calmed down, only mumbling. I sighed in relief and looked up. The roof was far from where I was. I looked to the side and saw a metal rain gutter running all the way up and down the wall.

I reached a leg out to see the distance. I want able to even touch it. I sighed and look down at my Haruki, "Alright babes let me give you your first lesson in climbing..."

I reached my arm out and did my best to swing over to the gutter. I grunted as the hard nails pressed into my fingers.

I took a shaky breath and planted my feet against the wall. The pain in my wrist made me tremble. I shut my eyes from the pain and started to climb.

(Flashback)

"Y/n can you not even afford new shoes?" A bitchy 7 year old girl asked with a mocking tone. I looked down at my torn and dirtied purple shoes. The other girls joined in...

"Your always smell! Do you ever shower?" A girl yelled and started to make fake barging sounds. "Her hair is a mess! She can't even comb it!" Another yelled.

There is no god...

I glared at those girls and clenched my fists as tears ran down my cheeks. "Gross, she's crying!" The main one yelled.

I suddenly socked the girl in the face, making the others gasp. She started crying and I kicked her side in.

I grabbed another girl by the wrist and kicked her legs. I yanked the other girls hair and shoved her face in the mud. I started to pound on them as they screamed and cried.

"You little sluts! I'm going to kill you! You little bitches!" I yelled and cried as well. For the first time, I hit another person. I cursed them out and called them horrible words that I didn't even know the meaning of.

It's true though, my mother never taught me how to manage my hair. I was never shown how to clean myself or even what soaps to use. And why would my parents spend money on me if they didn't have to?

That's right... there is no god...

The teachers yelled at me of course. They pulled me away as I smiled from ear to ear with tears. From them on they tried to force me to apologize to the little bastards how bullied me. They sat me apart from other kids because I was too problematic...

If there was a god... that means... he stood aside and watched...