❄️🌕🥀🫐Chapter 30🫐🥀🌕❄️

What in StarClan's name is that thing?

Larkpaw stood with widened eyes in front of a huge, long, overgrown object in the camp's centre. It reminded her vaguely of a hollow tree trunk or a tunnel, except that it was above ground and the entrance seemed to be at the front of the side. It also had long outgrowths in the centre on both sides, making the object look like an abnormally large bird.

It was the first time Larkpaw had really taken a good look at it. In the last few days she had spent her time in the medicine cat's den and even on the way to the dirt place she had hardly noticed its presence.

It really does look like it fell from the sky. Suspiciously, Larkpaw stuck her muzzle out and sniffed at it. It seemed to be made of a hard material, which was quite different from stone, for it was far smoother and under the dirt it glowed an unusual white colour.

"What do you think you're doing?"

With quick steps, Brindlepaw hurried to her. "The nursery and the elders' den are in there."

Larkpaw could only suppress an excessive rolling of her eyes with difficulty. Of course, she had already been able to tell by the scent. "Can't I have a look around?" she snapped. "You don't see something like this every day."

"That may be so," Brindlepaw objected, still with a stiff posture. "But if you dare harm a hair in their furs, you'll be punished for it, I'll see to that."

Stunned, Larkpaw opened her mouth. "Don't exaggerate like that!" she protested.

At that moment, a grey and cream she-cat emerged from inside. "Leave it alone, Brindlepaw," she meowed tiredly. "I'm sure she has no bad intentions."

Snarling and with bared fangs, Brindlepaw backed away. "I'll watch your every move," she threatened before trotting off.

Larkpaw avoided looking after her. She didn't deserve that anyway.

"I hope she doesn't cause you any problems," the she-cat meowed and twitched her whiskers. "It may be hard to believe, but Brindlepaw is actually quite tolerable. The only problem is that she's very protective."

Brindlepaw... nice? Never. Nevertheless, she nodded. "I don't want any trouble. I just want to get back to my Clan."

Suddenly, three small heads appeared in the opening to the den. "Who are you talking to, Creekheart?" a red tabby tom inquired. Both he and the brown tabby she-cat and the brown-red spotted she-cat next to him seemed to be kits — older ones, though, whose apprentice ceremony shouldn't be far off.