This Wish

She stopped, her arm was being held back by a large hand.
Asha’s heart was beating as fast as a hummingbird’s wings.
She didn’t want to look back, she was too afraid to look and see the king’s face-

???: "Asha… We were all waiting for you. Are you okay?"
That wasn’t the king’s voice, it was a gentle and genuinely worried voice, that was

"… Simon?"

Asha turned around, and sure enough, Simon was holding her arm.
And Asha’s other 6 friends were by his side, they were all very worried about her.

Hal: "Why are you crying? What happened in there??"

Hal rushed over to dry her tears.

Gabo: "Did you just break out of some sort of dungeon or Chamber?!? By yourself?!? How did you do that???"

Gabo tripped over his words

Dahlia: F"or the LAST TIME, GABO! He NEVER throw Asha in some sort chamber or dungeon for just raising her voice at them, the King and Queen too nice for that!"

Dahlia explained like that was just common sense.
And in any other kingdom, yeah it probably would be common sense, but Asha knew that wasn’t the case in Rosas.

Knowing what she knows now.

Bazeema: "Everyone please, let's all calm down and go talk somewhere quieter, then Asha can tell us what happened"
Bazeema chimed in meekly, tried to make everyone calmed down

But Asha didn’t want to calm down and talk, no, she wanted to be alone, she was in no condition to talk with anyone.

"I- I gotta go! I can’t talk with you guys right now…"

She tried to run away again but Simon kept holding her arm, not in a way that hurted though

Dario: "Why? We just wanna help. Did they say something that made you upset?"
Simon asked very concerned

Dario ran to be in front of Asha so she could see him signing to her

Dario: "We’re with you on this, you did the right thing speaking up about your interview"

Her friends kept talking all at the same time over each other
But Asha's mind was somewhere else
How can she explain this to them?

Bazeema: "I- I understand wanting to be alone, Asha, I really do, but you’re clearly under a lot of stress"
Bazeema stammered through her words

That everything they've known was a lie…

Dahlia: "You can count on us, we’ll always be on your side"

Dahlia tried to soothe her best friend

Would they even believe it?

Safi: "Just breathe, we know you didn’t do anything wrong” said Safi

And if they did, then what? They’re just a group of teens, it’s not like there’s anything they can do.

Hal: "You’ve always been there for us, so we are NOT leaving your side till you’re feeling better"
Hal said determined

Asha is in danger because she knows the king’s secret, she CAN’T risk putting her friends in danger too

Gabo was the only one who didn’t look worried, he was angry, not at Asha. but at the King (and also the Queen) who made his best friend cry

Gabo: "Was that narcissistic dolt rude to you?! If so, I’mma get in that castle RIGHT NOW and give him a piece of my min-"

Asha: "NO!" *screamed*
"WHATEVER YOU DO, DONT TALK TO HIM- NO THEM!"
She was scared out of her mind.