Unexpected Guest

he's floating above the sky, looking down at the world. the man wear a conflicted expression.

Rimuru: am i really going to be a father?

he asked himself the same question, over and over again.

Rimuru: i don't even know how a relationship works and here i am... a father!?

he kept talking to himself while rubbing the back of his head.

Ciel: it's your fault for casually sticking your dick out...

she said it... this manas fuxking said it.

Rimuru: execuse me! i was just going along with it, i didn't expect her to go that far!

Ciel: that's what she said, master.

once again, he lost the argument. the man rubbed his temples in annoyance.

Rimuru: what should i do? how will my subordinates react to this news?

Ciel: they will probably voice their disapproval... but then again, you are the master and they are the servants.

Rimuru: b-but i don't know how to raise a child...

he stammered nervously, feeling anxious about the unborn child.

Rimuru: what if the child finds out about my true identity!? what if they hate me!? w-what if-

Ciel: *sighs*

he began to think of all the possibilities while holding his head and gripping it as he began to tremble.

Rimuru: u-ughh...

Ciel: don't worry. if you feel like you can't take it anymore, you still have me. and don't forget about Ningguang...

ciel's voice slowly calmed rimuru as he took a deep breath and let it out. he closed his eyes then opened it again with a cheerful expression.

Rimuru: thank you ciel.

Ciel: glad to help, master.

he stretched his body, letting out a groan as he did so.

Rimuru: ahh... speaking of ningguang...

Ciel: what are you going to do with her? now that the lost soul has awakened...

Rimuru: hmm...

he saw the palace that floating in the sky.

Rimuru: maybe... it's not that bad, you know-

Ciel: are you thinking of starting a family? surely you do know the consequences, don't you?

there was a moment of silence before he gasped and answered...

Rimuru: ahh... the rules. can't you do something about it?

Ciel: looking back at what happened to veldanava, i can't say for sure that i have the answer to your question.

Rimuru: hm... this has something to do with the voice of the world, huh?

his question was answered by ciel's silence, which meant yes.

back then, when he lost Makoto. rimuru, in hope to bring her back, created his own version of VOTW.

where its function was only to grant skills and keep an eye on teyvat in his stead.

although it is said to grant skills, it is also up to rimuru, whether he deems the individual worthy of such power or not.

Rimuru: ahh... staying here won't solve the problem!