been there, done that

Hera woke up rather early to pack and everything. 

Today was the day she would go back to Hogwarts, again.

She dressed into a flowy shirt with jeans and headed out of the Leaky Cauldron. She waved bye to Tom.

She reached King's Cross at half past 10.

She looked strange pushing a cart with trunks and a snowy owl in a cage. She'd found Hedwig again in the Owl Emporium and she was glad as she had missed the owl. 

[Me too TT]

By the time she had slipped into platform 9 and 3/4, it was 10 minutes before the train leaves. 

She was glad she had avoided the Weasleys though.

They were still back on the platform, yapping loudly about Hogwarts.

Smoke from the engine drifted over the heads of the chattering crowd, while cats of every color wound here and there between their legs. Owls hooted at each other in a disgruntled sort of way over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks. The first few carriages were already packed with students, some hanging out of the window to talk to their families, some fighting over seats. 

Hera pressed on through the crowd until she found an empty compartment near the end of the train. She put Hedwig inside first and then used a quick levitating charm on her trunk. 

As she was staring out of the window, half hidden, the Weasleys appeared.

Percy came striding into sight. He had already changed into his billowing black Hogwarts robes and Hera noticed a shiny red and gold badge on his chest with the letter P on it.

"Can't stay long, Mother," he said. "I'm upfront, the Prefects have got two compartments to themselves –" 

"Oh, are you a Prefect, Percy?" said Fred, with an air of great surprise. "You should have said something, we had no idea." 

"Hang on, I think I remember him saying something about it," said George 

"Once –" 

"Or twice – 

"A minute –" 

"All summer –"

"Oh, shut up," said Percy.

Hera turned away, bored.

What was she gonna do for the whole train ride?

She didn't want Ron to appear.

But then the door was pushed open and two boys appeared.

"Blaise-"

"I've told you not to do it!" 

"It's not my fault!"

The two boys suddenly noticed her and stopped their argument.

"I'm sorry," said the first one, "We thought this was an empty compartment. All the others are filled with either idiots or annoying people."

"It's fine," said Hera.

"I'm Blaise Zabini," he said holding out a hand to her, "Nice to meet you."

"Are you a mudblood?" the second one blurted out rudely. 

"No," said Hera. "I'm not muggle-born."

"Oh," said the brown-haired boy, relaxing, "I'm Theodore Nott."