here we go again

I'm not dead. I swear

Would it happen like last time if she was in Slytherin?

Hera was scared that she had miscalculated.

ProfessorMcGonagall refused to talk or look at her. She had to run to keep up with her fast strides as the stern-looking woman didn't wait for her. 

How could she assign her to the Quidditch team if Professor McGonagall was the head of Gryffindor, not Slytherin?

Oh, Hera felt dumb as she realized that the professor was taking her to Professor Snape's office. Of course, she would take her to Professor Snape. 

Down the stairs and into the cold dungeons they went.

Professor McGonagall knocked on the doors to Snape's office.

"Excuse me Professor Snape," called Professor McGonagall.

Hera heard a book slam angrily before the door opened to a very annoyed Professor Snape.

"What is it, McGonagall?" Professor Snape asked, clearly annoyed, "I've got essays to mark."

Hera could clearly see Professor McGonagall becoming equally annoyed at Professor Snape but Professor McGonagall held it in and said calmly, "I've found you a seeker Severus."

Snape's eyes snapped to her, "Pardon?"

"I just saw her catch that thing in her hand after a sixty-foot dive, and didn't even scratch herself," exclaimed Professor McGonagall, "Is it your first time on the blooms, Potter?"

Hera nodded. Technically. 

"Charlie Weasley couldn't have done it," she said, "I'm proud of my team and house and all but not putting her on the team must be a crime."

"I'll see what we can do," said Professor Snape after a long time.

"WHAT?!"

"Calm down Draco," Pansy scolded, "You'll break her ears."

"Seeker?!" Draco exclaimed, a bit more calmly, "Holy Merlin Beard, but first-years never –I've begged my father so many times to bend the rules but– you-"

"How did the old git even let you?" drawled Theodore.

"Girl who lived privileges I guess," Hera shrugged, "First time he's let Slytherin bend the rules, right?"

"Yup," added Blaise, "Even though Draco's father is part of the board, Draco can't bend the bigger rules. Skipping a class is fine, but nothing as big as this."

Hera lowered her voice, "Can any of you let me borrow a book on occlumency?"

Draco's brows furrowed and whispered, "Why?"

"Dumbledore tried to break into my mind at breakfast today."

"What?!" all three of them exclaimed loudly.

"Shhhhh," Hera shushed urgently, "Keep it down."

The other Slytherins were giving them weird glances. 

"That's illegal," whispered Pansy, worried.

"I can ask my father for a book," said Draco, "He can mail it."