classes with a cheat

There was one thing she was looking forward to, however, and it was finally being a top student. Hera couldn't lie, she had struggled in her past life.

She woke up at 6:30, refreshed and excited for her "first day". 

Pansy woke up 10 minutes later and started getting ready.

"Good morning, Hera," Pansy said as they both started sorting their bags. 

"Good morning," said Hera, looking through her schedule.

"I'm so excited for Potions," said Pansy, "Professor Snape loves us."

Hera muttered something under her breath about Snape hating her.

"What was that?"

"I meant, I'm excited for Transfiguration," Hera said. 

At 7:30, Pansy and Hera both left their room and headed downstairs to the common room.

Thedore, Blaise, Draco, and Daphne were already there.

Gemma and another 7th year ushered them to the Great Hall.

Daphne stayed behind to wait for the Bulstrode girl.

Her first class was potions, with the Gryffindors. 

They made their way down to the dungeons as a group, for which Hera was glad.

Snape took attendance and paused at Hera's name. He sneered slightly but moved on.

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion making," he began. He spoke in barely more than a whisper, but they caught every word.

"As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses ... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death – if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."

She was glad she had her years of potion knowledge from her past life.

"Potter!" said Snape suddenly. "What would I get if I added powder root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Same question as last time.

"The draught of living death, sir," she said, raising her head high to meet his eyes.

Snape faltered a bit but said, "For actually opening a book before this class....5 points from Gryffindor Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

She had saved Ron once with this one.

"In the potions cabinet to the left of you, buying it at the potions store, or the stomach of a goat, sir. However, if you need one immediately I wouldn't recommend buying a goat for a bezoar."

"5 points to Slytherin for basic knowledge and common sense," he sneered and said again, "What is the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

"There is no difference, sir, just some dunderhead decided to name it too many names. It also goes by the name, Aconite."

"5 points to Slytherin," Snape said begrudgingly while moving on to pester Ron. 

Hera couldn't stand the History of Magic, again. It was too boring so she just took a nap after having to wake up at midnight for astronomy. Three times a week they went out to the greenhouses behind the castle to study Herbology. Charms was extremely easy, for which she was grateful. Transfiguration was okay, as Professor McGonagall wasn't extremely biased against them.