04. SOLO

It was now around 11pm and miley and I are sitting on my bed still and talking about random things.

All of a sudden, I hear my phone ring.

"OMG DUSTINS FACETIMING ME!" I exclaim.

"OKAY LET ME HIDE" miley says as she moves out of the frame.

I fix my hair a bit and then answer.

"hi" I say with a slight smile

"hey, can I ask you something?" he asks, only his forehead was showing on the screen.

"sureee"

"Can we maybe keep our relationship a secret?" he asks.

um what.

I cringe at his words. "uhm, why?" I ask

"Because I don't want people judging us so early on.. especially with the way I acted towards maya and anna... and I wouldn't wanna get into any rumors.. you get what I mean?..", Dustin said as he fixed his hair and shrugged

"what rumors would you get me into..." I ask a little suspicious.

"I mean I'm like well know and stuff and there's always rumors going around about me and I don't want there to be any about you" he replies

I glare at him "hm...ok...can I tell miley and some other friends atleast?"

"Yes of course, But you gotta keep in a down low. i'm trying to keep a good reputation at school."

this confused me. "wait why would you dating me give you a bad reputation?" I say slightly offended.

"Oh I meant the way I act at school. You know, with me and Brandt doing those dumb things in the hallways and all?"

"okay but that has nothing to do with you and I dating. if anything, you dating me might make your reputation not so bad. I mean I'm a nice girl to others and stuff" I reply.

"Yeah you're right, I guess it's just that I'm too scared because people might judge me"

"no one's gonna judge you. but back to the secret thing, I mean, everyone's gonna find out eventually." I say

"yeah...you're right."

"I always am" I say with a little chuckle. "Anyways, maybe not keep it a secret, just let everyone find out, you know? like someone will just see us holding hands or something and then that's how they find out, we don't tell them." I suggest.

"Yeah I think that's cool" he replies

"okay I gotta go walk my dog because she's scratching at my door- Coco I'm coming!" I say at dustin, and my dog coco.

he laughs and says, "ight, bye gorgeous."

"byeeee"

Miley then goes next to me again.

"What the fuck is he on about 'let's keep this a secret' Like bitch..." miley says in an annoyed tone

"No right I literally had to make an excuse to hang up cuz wtf...anyways I disagreed obviously cuz whaaa . Anyways wh- hold up someone texted me"

I picked up the phone and it read 'Xavier'

"look who it is" I say as I tilt the phone towards Miley.

"He probably wants to ask you out or something" Miley says

"let's see"  I say as I open the message.

Xavier: Hey, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since the party. I saw you dancing with someone and then I realized that I actually really liked you a lot and really wanted to be with you. so will you be my girlfriend?