Secrets

The elevator doors opened, and Eva dragged Xzavier out toward the exit. He was still confused as to what was going on.

"Eva, what are we doing?" He asked.

"Leaving. That's what." She answered.

"Who was that guy in the trench coat?"

Eva sighed. "My father. Which is why we're going."

They got outside, going to the car. "I thought we were ditching this one?"

"It's a lost cause anyway. Let's go."

They started driving, Xzavier watching Eva. He knew he shouldn't be thinking this, as they'd only just met, but he felt a sort of connection to her. It felt like... feelings, but he wasn't sure. He was still grieving over Olivia. Perhaps this was just his mind's way of closure.

Eva glanced over at him, causing him to look away. She had a feeling something was up. "What is it?"

He looked back at her again. "What's what?"

"You were looking at me funny. I don't have something on my face, do I?"

He scoffed. "No. And I wasn't looking at you funny."

"You sure?"

"Absolutely. Let's listen to the radio, huh?" He started messing with the stereo until Eva slapped his hand away.

"Watch it. Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole."

He grinned. "Huh. You remind me of someone, I just can't think of who."

She glance at him before turning on the radio, and the first thing that played was A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton.

"Oh my god, I'm such a sucker for this song!" She smiled.

Xzavier raised an eyebrow. "Seriously?"

"Shh! Shut your cakehole!"

He grinned. "I just-"

"Making my way downtown,

Walking fast,

Faces pass,

And I'm home bound." She sang along, surprising Xzavier with her impressive vocals.

"Staring blankly ahead,

Just making my way,

Making a way,

Through the crowd.

And I need you,

And I miss you,

And now I wonder....

If I could fall,

Into the sky,

Do you think time,

Would pass me by.

'Cause you know I'd walk,

A thousand miles,

If I could,

Just see you,

Tonight."

He wouldn't dare interrupt. She was such a beautiful singer. He was mesmerized by her flawless voice, and he could listen to her sing this song forever.

"It's always times like these,

When I think of you,

And I wonder,