More than friends....

"Ugh" 

"Excuse me?"

"I said ugh... yuck gross... what can't you understand about that?"

"But why? She's so damn pretty. All the boys at work are crazy about her Ri"

"Listen I'm not a judgemental person you know me. But she's like.... all plastic"

"Saw mean girls again kya recently?"

"Shut up. You know what I mean. She's so fake. Did you see her last insta post?"

"With the dog? It was so cute! She looked so happy" 

"Hello I was there. She practically dropped the pup as soon as Samaira got her 'perfect' snap"

"No she didn't. You na see only what you want to see" 

"I see everything just fine. And right now I see you falling yet again for someone who is going to use you and then crush your heart with her four inch heels" 

"You're so damn protective na. Silly girl"

"I'm not being protective Anuj. I'm being practical. Before this Ms. Anaya was that Ms. Pia. She was toh really the worst. And before her in school what was that girl's name? The one ya with that long hair and the  flicks. Who used to always chew gum like she was part of some Hollywood teen rom com"

"Um....Shreya"

"Yes Shreya. She toh fully fully used you in school"

"Shut up Riya, she was too cool. Ok so she wasn't the best in her studies and needed some help .. better to get her boyfriend to help na?"

"Ummm duffer you were only her boyfriend because you used to help with her assignments"

"Oh so now you're saying if I had not helped her, she wouldn't have chosen me?"

"Well kind of. I mean she would have.. but.."

"But what? Is it because I was kind of a geek then? Was it because I had pimples and shit?"

"What? No stupid. You had little bit pimples and what do you mean you were a geek? You were not..."

"Ya but I was that guy with braces and specs good at studies. Isn't that what geeks are? A nerd then?"

"Maybe you are suited for these girls. You also think like these cliche rom com writers" 

"Anyway who are you to give me advise about relationships?"

"Um.. your best friend for the last 12 years......"

"Ya ok I mean look at your damned track record. Loser boyfriends you've had" 

"Where did the boyfriendsssss come from? One, one loser boyfriend"

"But if you had dumped him one year in your stupid relationship,  you could have.. no, you would have had more loser boyfriends"

"Damn it. I really should have dumped him. I agree though he was the worst. At least the sex was good! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

"Was it really?"

"Ya for the first few months.. maybe till a year."

"Or maybe till he started getting it from someone else... "

"Hmmm thanks. Such a great friend you are"

"Hey I was. I am. I told you many times he wasn't your kind. He was a full on player. You need someone who will bring some stability to your life Ri, not some one who disrupts it.. even though I know you attract disruptions"